Current time: 16/04/2024, 13:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Route Ideas
Greater Manchester Route Ideas
Hi All

Lately, I have been spotting some great route ideas which could make the bus network in Greater Manchester, that little bit easier to use.

The route I have identified are currently missing connections and I might create some more over time.

Oldham - Royal Oldham Hospital - Royton - Thornham - Kirkholt - Sandbrook Leisure Park - Roch Valley - Fairfield Hospital - Bury | This route would restore a bus connection to Bury from Oldham via Royton the Old 400 route and create some new connections to Fairfield Hospital and Kirkholt Estate which is currently only served by local circular services.

Rochdale - Rochdale Infirmary - Spotlands - Norden - Turn - Edenfield - Ramsbottom | This route would reinstate through bus services through Norden and reinstate the connection between Edenfield and Rochdale, whilst providing a new connection to Ramsbottom. This route would enable passengers coming into Rochdale by Metrolink to seamless connect onto a service into Ramsbottom and Norden.

Rochdale - Smallbridge - Smithy Bridge - Hollingworth Lake - Littleborough Railway Station - Blackstone Edge - Ripponden - Halifax | This service could easily be diverted to Serve the lakes provides better through services to the popular Hollingworth Lakes and provide a direct connection to Halifax without a change in Littleborough and provide greater coverage.

Fitton Hill - Honeywell Lane - Hathershaw - Oldham - Westwood - Chadderton - Broadway Green Development - Broadgate - Moston Gardeners Arms - White Moss - North Manchester General Hospital | This service would provide better connections to Work/Leisure/Appointments as well other local services and reinstating a bus service along Broadgate and connecting Broadway Green Development to the bus network.

Ashton - Estates - Fitton Hill - Limeside - Failsworth Estates - Newton Heath - Central Park Interchange this would provide essential connections to the various estates and Metrolink at the underused Central Park interchange

Theses are only my ideas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)