Current time: 16/04/2024, 11:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
So there will be three bus companies competing on the 16 to Dallam now? Wow I didnt see that one coming....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/03/2015 10:34)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  So there will be three bus companies competing on the 16 to Dallam now? Wow I didnt see that one coming....

Seems like it!
No doubt GHA is 'testing the market' to see if it's worth their while -- I hope they find it is.
It will be interesting to see how the different companies' frequencies, timetables and fares stack up against each other.
The new competition that Network Warrington will face soon will also test the loyalty of the residents of the town. During the Arriva bus war in the late 1990s, WBT as was had tremendous loyalty. There were A4 sized posters in shops and on taxis even saying "please support Warrington Borough Transport".

Given the recent criticism the firm has faced for the service cuts and fare increases, I have this feeling Network Warrington will not get as much loyalty as before.
I think out of WBT and Fairbrothers it will be Fairbrothers that will be hit the hardest by GHA running the 16 as Fairbrothers rely heavily on takings from the 16X so will be interesting to see how it pans out..
(19/03/2015 22:13)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I think out of WBT and Fairbrothers it will be Fairbrothers that will be hit the hardest by GHA running the 16 as Fairbrothers rely heavily on takings from the 16X so will be interesting to see how it pans out..

I agree.
Depending on what GHA charges Fairbrothers 'relaxed' approach will probably see them struggling once the compititon increases.
Fairbrothers had it on a plate really after the Network Warrington fare increases and they ignored crys from locals to launch some kind of decent alternative, it's very sad that it's taken an outside company to spot the potential and launch some kind of decent competition.
(20/03/2015 10:02)Mayneway Wrote:  Depending on what GHA charges Fairbrothers 'relaxed' approach will probably see them struggling once the compititon increases.
Fairbrothers had it on a plate really after the Network Warrington fare increases and they ignored crys from locals to launch some kind of decent alternative, it's very sad that it's taken an outside company to spot the potential and launch some kind of decent competition.

Looks like Fairbrothers will be changing their 16X just ten days after the GHA 16 is brought in.
I wonder if they managed to get hold of GHA's plans for the 16 or if they just used intuition as to how to react to all of the competition.

If we think that GHA's 16 will probably run out at around 05 and 35 past the hour (5 minutes before NW who currently run at 10, 25, 40 and 55 past and also at times convenient to interwork with their amended 45), then Fairbrothers might be better running their 16X out at 20 and 50 past.
But that's a big 'if' and might not hold.
(25/03/2015 19:20)Valandil Wrote:  Looks like Fairbrothers will be changing their 16X just ten days after the GHA 16 is brought in.
I wonder if they managed to get hold of GHA's plans for the 16 or if they just used intuition as to how to react to all of the competition.

If we think that GHA's 16 will probably run out at around 05 and 35 past the hour (5 minutes before NW who currently run at 10, 25, 40 and 55 past and also at times convenient to interwork with their amended 45), then Fairbrothers might be better running their 16X out at 20 and 50 past.
But that's a big 'if' and might not hold.

Will it be enough though.
If GHA role in with smart modern vehicles with Wifi and low enough fares it might hit Fairbrothers hard.
If it interworks with the 45 then i wouldn't say they are modern buses as its normally "R" reg b10ble or "T" deebee solos as i would still rather travel on network warringtons buses.
If I was a passenger I'd rather pay a bit more using Network Warrington with more modern and well maintained vehicles then saving no more than a pound and use an older, less maintained vehicle with drivers that aren't as monitored quite the same as Network Warringtons drivers.
Not having a go by Fairbrothers Fleet is in good condition and their Drivers are very good people, You would need to be daft to pay Network Warringtons Disgusting Prices, i know i would not

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)