Current time: 20/04/2024, 02:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Hi

A second ex Arriva London / Routemaster Buses DAF DB250 / Wright has entered service. 194 was noted on the Birchwood Park Shuttle this morning.

Jeff
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
And a Connect 17 vehicle was on the 47 to High Legh yesterday (30th December).
Find all posts by this user
I've noticed the very limited 47 service between High Legh and Warrington isn't mentioned on the Cheshire East website. Perhaps they think if they don't publicise it no-one will use it and they can withdraw the funding?
I spotted this earlier and it made me laugh, thought I'd share it here

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/socie...0113120146
(13/01/2017 15:34)Dentonian Wrote:  Just proves that a satirical publication that spends most of its time ridiculing prejudices, also has prejudices of its own.

If you think about it we say thanks to people for doing the job they're paid and contracted to do having given a bit of our own money towards their wages (not just bus drivers) but if we see a volunteer tidying up a public space do we thank them as we walk past?
We do have a voluntary 'Friends of The Moor' group in Knutsford.
(13/01/2017 17:58)Dentonian Wrote:  Or in the case of NW a LOT of your own money. That's not the point. They inferred that all bus drivers are "engines of malice and resentment". Would they describe all Managers or Warrington Councillors in that way? Probably not!
Not sure about the "volunteers" tidying up public spaces. The only such "volunteers" I've ever seen in that position, are criminals on a day out with their Guards in clear attendance.

Somebody is reading too much into a comedy news website!.. ;-)
Nothing wrong with good manners. I personally thank every passenger whether they use a pass or pay. Nothing worse than rudeness and bad manners...doesn't take much to say thank you for the driver getting the passenger safely to their intended destination.
(14/01/2017 10:30)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Nothing wrong with good manners. I personally thank every passenger whether they use a pass or pay. Nothing worse than rudeness and bad manners...doesn't take much to say thank you for the driver getting the passenger safely to their intended destination.

For once we agree Smile

I don't know what the customer service training is like at NW but the big boys ie Stagecoach, First and Arriva seem to think it's not important. Yes there are some excellent drivers who are pleasant and helpful, but there are others that are plain rude and ignorant.
The problem with a small majority of passengers is they are quick to complain but not to congratulate.
Ive had it where ive been pulling away from a stop and seen someone running for the bus so i stopped they jumped on and couldn't even say thanks as they just walked past showing a pass which does dis hearten you as a driver where as if more people said thanks then i think a lot more drivers would be more helpful and smile more as its this type of thing that can make a big difference to a drivers attitude.
Also some drivers who have done the job for many years as seen the job change dramatically in both the way they get treated by both management and passengers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)