Current time: 23/04/2024, 17:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I think Thats called a Plaxton Verg, They used to get on that Middlewich - Cheshire Oaks that got Withdrawn in December, Defo not DDA tho so should not really be out

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It looked like a right she's. Couldn't believe it when it pulled into the bus station.
Find all posts by this user
(07/02/2016 10:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  I think Thats called a Plaxton Verg, They used to get on that Middlewich - Cheshire Oaks that got Withdrawn in December, Defo not DDA tho so should not really be out

Plaxton Verde bodied Volvo B10M or B10B unsure which
(07/02/2016 10:52)Katie Wrote:  Sorry, Lynx, we are in agreement with RSTurbo 50 on this point.

To change the subject slightly did either of you observe the GHA Bus on the 45 route yesterday?

At 11.50 a.m. a GHA bus left Warrington interchange (either this was the late 11.25 or an extra bus which had been put on the route). The bus was a creamy colour with green stripes and the word CONNEXIONS on the back and one side of the bus. The destination plate simply read GHA Coaches Ltd. and someone had inserted a small piece of paper in the front window of the bus which read "45". The Registration plate was N8 GHA. We witnessed the same bus leaving Northwich for Warrington at 1.30 p.m. which presumably was the 1.20 running late.

It's been used a few times as a spare bus when one of the regulars has broken down. I had it on the last 45 from Northwich back last May when AA04 GHA burst into flames, total shed but quite a nice bus all the same.
(07/02/2016 10:52)Katie Wrote:  Sorry, Lynx, we are in agreement with RSTurbo 50 on this point.

To change the subject slightly did either of you observe the GHA Bus on the 45 route yesterday?

At 11.50 a.m. a GHA bus left Warrington interchange (either this was the late 11.25 or an extra bus which had been put on the route). The bus was a creamy colour with green stripes and the word CONNEXIONS on the back and one side of the bus. The destination plate simply read GHA Coaches Ltd. and someone had inserted a small piece of paper in the front window of the bus which read "45". The Registration plate was N8 GHA. We witnessed the same bus leaving Northwich for Warrington at 1.30 p.m. which presumably was the 1.20 running late.

Shouldn't your post RE: GHA be on the GHA thread?
(07/02/2016 11:14)E208 WBG Wrote:  Plaxton Verde bodied Volvo B10M or B10B unsure which

B10B according to the caption on this photo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/41302931@N03/16607553077

Given what happened to Warrington Coachways I don't think GHA will last much longer in Warrington, if they don't cancel their services soon the Traffic Commissioner will do it for them if GHA are lucky, the TC could do much worse than just cancel them!
They can only drive around with very quiet loadings for so long. They must be taking a big hit financially and if that continues I very much doubt they will be around Warrington that much longer...
Dont forget just how big of a company GHA are, 1 or 2 Services making a loss is hardly going to break the banks...

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(07/02/2016 16:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  Dont forget just how big of a company GHA are, 1 or 2 Services making a loss is hardly going to break the banks...

Your right but the fact that the 16 has failed to operate for the last 3 weeks says otherwise.
(07/02/2016 16:55)Dentonian Wrote:  Don't forget, cross-subsidy is illegal, and as such each journey (never mind each service), is a cost/profit centre.

With a lot of buses accepting tickets which are valid on numerous routes doesn't it make it easy for operators to fiddle the figures? For instance, if you buy a Wayfarer ticket costing over £10 could that result in the operator claiming the service took over £10 even if you were the only passenger on board?

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)