Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
The vehicles that operated on the Bus to the Pub were 188, 189, 191 & 192 due to 188 blowing an air bag on its first journey. Sadly it was one bad thing after another on Saturday with people having to wait up to 2 hours for the next bus, I assume this was down to the amount of passengers coupled up with a tight timetable and traffic. My hat goes off to the Network Warrington drivers though for battling on to run almost all timetabled services - right down to the last one to Eccles that finally turned up over an hour than it was timetabled.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Timetable changes announced for September, no details yet as the social media looks down and the website doesn't have the new ones up yet. Details are on VOSA though. Will post when they're released.
Find all posts by this user
Cheshire West council have put on their website about the 45/46 service but I think they have got confused. I think what they're trying to say is all Network Warrington services will be 46 and will run to a new route of Wincham-Lostock Gralam-Northwich-Comberbach-Stretton-Warrington.
A nice comment made by a passengers yesterday day evening about Network Warrington. I was driving the last 19 service from Leigh Bus Station when a passenger commented that Network Warrington was by far the greatest service he receives in Leigh. He stated that Stagecoach and First bus drivers were always miserable and that us Network Warrington drivers were friendlier and much nicer in general. Another passenger heard this and backed it up.

Very rare you hear positive comments but nice to hear when you do.. Cadet 54 was my evening vehicle. A very nice and nippy fleet member.
You'd be surprised just how miserable most of the big companys staff sadly are it's still weird for me seeing that after the joys of living in Brisbane where it's almost unheard of for a driver to not say Hello G'day or Morning to Customers which in turn customers when alighting even on Triaxle dualdoor buses or Bendibuses shout thank you to the driver just because they had manners in the First place

(Leigh is also a downtrodden area of GM) so that may also have an effect on staff being miserable

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(23/07/2015 08:38)SLTRegular Wrote:  You'd be surprised just how miserable most of the big companys staff sadly are it's still weird for me seeing that after the joys of living in Brisbane where it's almost unheard of for a driver to not say Hello G'day or Morning to Customers which in turn customers when alighting even on Triaxle dualdoor buses or Bendibuses shout thank you to the driver just because they had manners in the First place

(Leigh is also a downtrodden area of GM) so that may also have an effect on staff being miserable

Even without having lived in Australia I find it weird how some Stagecoach, Arriva and First bus drivers just stare at your ticket without any acknowledgement that they've seen it and accept it as a valid ticket. Is saying "OK", "Thanks" or something along those lines too much effort?
(23/07/2015 10:34)knutstransport Wrote:  Even without having lived in Australia I find it weird how some Stagecoach, Arriva and First bus drivers just stare at your ticket without any acknowledgement that they've seen it and accept it as a valid ticket. Is saying "OK", "Thanks" or something along those lines too much effort?

The truth of it is the likes of stagecoach/Arriva and First have a very robust training policy yet as little as a couple of hours of a 6 week training course is actually spent on customer service and that's the problem. There taking on drivers from all walks of life some of which have never worked with the public and if I'm
Honest some that shouldn't be allowed too!

This was recently highlighted by a councillor who wrote to all the major companies asking for details of customer service training they give to drivers and I think only Arriva recognised a need for improvement.

I sometimes wonder if drivers don't realise who actually pay there wages!
(23/07/2015 20:46)Dentonian Wrote:  Historically, there has been distinct differences between Depots, which actually transcends ownership, and is more to do with local management.

As for who pays their wages, if drivers are coming into the bus industry for the first time, this might be a bit confusing. According to the right-wing media and Motoring lobby, the general tax-payer pays bus drivers' wages............................ don't they?

Along with every passenger on his/her bus?
Just published are the new fares from Sunday onwards:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...7th-august

Absolute joke, e.g. day rover will soon be £5.95.
(07/08/2015 09:05)Valandil Wrote:  Just published are the new fares from Sunday onwards:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...7th-august

Absolute joke, e.g. day rover will soon be £5.95.

More expensive than arriva and stagecoach and cant even get you as far lol , absolute joke if you ask me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)