Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(26/03/2015 09:37)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  If I was a passenger I'd rather pay a bit more using Network Warrington with more modern and well maintained vehicles then saving no more than a pound and use an older, less maintained vehicle with drivers that aren't as monitored quite the same as Network Warringtons drivers.

You've changed tack a bit since changing employer :P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'm referring to GHA and the vehicles they use not Fairbrothers....
How is the £5.50 Day Rover disgusting? Or the £10 Westy Way Weekly Ticket or the £11 Breezer ticket. Family Day Rover at £11 allowing two adults and two children unlimited travel all day long....taking into account places such as Altrincham, Leigh and Earlestown..

Seems good value to me...
(26/03/2015 12:16)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  How is the £5.50 Day Rover disgusting? Or the £10 Westy Way Weekly Ticket or the £11 Breezer ticket. Family Day Rover at £11 allowing two adults and two children unlimited travel all day long....taking into account places such as Altrincham, Leigh and Earlestown..

I think it was more the way they did it last year. It seemed at the time that they were scaling back services and hiking up fares at the same time. I have to say their approach to customer complaints/comments regarding the fare increases at the time was appalling.

I think the proof will be in the pudding. Obviously as an employee you will know if Network Warrington are at all worried about GHA's impending assualt.
Especially compared to the area covered by Arriva's day ticket and the price of that.
The company aren't particularly worried by GHA, if they start expanding into the town things may well change. £5.50 isn't too bad In my opinion especially if your travelling to Altrincham or Leigh and back. Even using the bus three or four times a day, £5.50 isn't bad value.
(26/03/2015 12:16)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  How is the £5.50 Day Rover disgusting? Or the £10 Westy Way Weekly Ticket or the £11 Breezer ticket. Family Day Rover at £11 allowing two adults and two children unlimited travel all day long....taking into account places such as Altrincham, Leigh and Earlestown..

Easy, Network Warrington cover little ground when you think how much Arrivas £5 Ticket covers and them cheap Weeklys are only on routes Fairbrothers compete on, the Normal Weekly Price is £25? When you consider for a little more you can get a Stagecoach Weekly that covers Merseyside, Chester, Cumbria and Lancs along with Wigan, Bolton, Newcastle and Dumfries.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yes but Arriva can afford to do that as they are a multi national company so it's unfair to make a comparison in that way. Network Warrington is a FAR smaller outfit and offer good value in my opinion...
Well if people don't want to pay the fares it's quite simple and various options are available. Walk, get a lift, use another company or get a taxi. If the prices are too much for passengers, then don't use the NW buses..
And that exactly what people are doing otherwise these GHA and Fairbrother Services would not be working out

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)