Current time: 18/04/2024, 09:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I am a driver for the company and once you get past 6.30pm the passenger numbers drop considerably. After 9pm you may have just a handful of passengers on board. With the cost of fuel and drivers wages they will be making a loss of an evening so this has to be addressed.

In my experience the paying public always have something to moan about do nothing will change in that respect. But by combining some of the routes I.e. the 3 and 2 or the 25 with the 28 yes it will be a much longer run but less buses will be used, money will be saved and passengers will still reach their destination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/01/2015 09:13)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I am a driver for the company and once you get past 6.30pm the passenger numbers drop considerably. After 9pm you may have just a handful of passengers on board. With the cost of fuel and drivers wages they will be making a loss of an evening so this has to be addressed.

In my experience the paying public always have something to moan about do nothing will change in that respect. But by combining some of the routes I.e. the 3 and 2 or the 25 with the 28 yes it will be a much longer run but less buses will be used, money will be saved and passengers will still reach their destination.

Your opinions of WBT seemed to have swayed slightly - I'm assuming you don't work for Fairbothers any longer Smile

As a hardened shift worker I rely heavily on early morning and late evening bus services and often I can be the only person on the bus for most of the journey - this last week has been very quiet.
What always strikes me is that a lot of vulnerable people use these services as well as those dependant on them (like me).
It's all very well combining journeys to save money but I often find they fix one solution and create another and no doubt there will be passengers who are put out when these new provisions are announced.
Not to mention the negative effect of drink drive satsistics!
^^^^

Iv never criticised Network Warrington even when I was at Fairbrothers and always held them in high regard. Obviously when I was at Fairbrothers I wanted the company to succeed and do well (still am supportive) and couldn't and still can't understand why the public don't use them more as they are cheap in comparison to both Arriva and WBT.

For me, WBT has to survive and make a profit. There is no point running empty buses of an evening if it's taking a huge loss as long term this isn't financially sustainable and the company will end up folding. It has to modernise and by combining services it is still getting the paying public to their destination and at the same time is not losing the amount of money it currently is having empty buses running around all night long.

Yes journeys may take a tad longer but ultimately you have a choice. Get a taxi, walk or use the service albeit if it takes a little longer than it currently does.

However let's wait and see what happens as I don't know myself what the changes will be.
(03/01/2015 15:16)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  ^^^^

Iv never criticised Network Warrington even when I was at Fairbrothers and always held them in high regard. Obviously when I was at Fairbrothers I wanted the company to succeed and do well (still am supportive) and couldn't and still can't understand why the public don't use them more as they are cheap in comparison to both Arriva and WBT.

For me, WBT has to survive and make a profit. There is no point running empty buses of an evening if it's taking a huge loss as long term this isn't financially sustainable and the company will end up folding. It has to modernise and by combining services it is still getting the paying public to their destination and at the same time is not losing the amount of money it currently is having empty buses running around all night long.

Yes journeys may take a tad longer but ultimately you have a choice. Get a taxi, walk or use the service albeit if it takes a little longer than it currently does.

However let's wait and see what happens as I don't know myself what the changes will be.

You make a lot of sense and I think a lot of what your saying makes perfect sense. I think quite often the problem with these companies is they go stale - just look at EYMS and what's happened with Finglands and Whittles. They took their eye of the ball and didn't change with the times and there's always a chance if these changes arnt made at WBT then they could as you say go bust.

There is to a certain degree always going to be demand for evening services but obviously they need to serve the right people to make them work. One thing I've noticed in the past is that certain services seem to finish at 7pm on a Sunday. Now no one in there right mind is going to go for a drink in town and catch the last bus back at 6.45pm lol.

I think it was a few months ago that Buses magazine ran a very interesting article about Halton Transport and the big changes the new MD had made behind the scenes to save not just money but front line bus services. Rossendale have recently gone through big changes and now carry a striking moderner look and Blackpool Transport have gone through changes - with more to come apparently. WBT do come across as slightly old fashioned so these changes are exactly what's needed.
^^^

Totally agree. Iv been with the company 3 months and am enjoying the place. Nice vehicles to drive and a good variety of routes as well though you can give the number 5 service to someone else lol
(03/01/2015 18:21)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  ^^^

Totally agree. Iv been with the company 3 months and am enjoying the place. Nice vehicles to drive and a good variety of routes as well though you can give the number 5 service to someone else lol

So looking at it from the 'other side' so to speak do Fairbrothers pose any real threat to WBT?
Have to say after all the hype the owner gave on Facebook during the WBT fare increase they haven't really increasd thier presence in Warrington as expected.
He is a fantastic boss and a good friend of mine and ill always be supportive of the company. They do well on the 16X Dallam and often our 16 is quiet in comparison. But our Westy services 1 and 2 are always busier and the 20 and 21 is always a full bus whereas the 21X is quiet.

Takw your own conclusions from that my friend :-)
(03/01/2015 19:31)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  He is a fantastic boss and a good friend of mine and ill always be supportive of the company. They do well on the 16X Dallam and often our 16 is quiet in comparison. But our Westy services 1 and 2 are always busier and the 20 and 21 is always a full bus whereas the 21X is quiet.

Takw your own conclusions from that my friend :-)

Cheers RS Smile
(31/12/2014 15:06)Valandil Wrote:  We have an updated fleet list!
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...954652.pdf

Thank you for this lisy Valandil. Although I knew this anyway, it is an interesting contrast in vehicle policy for Network Warrington to concentrate on mainly new single-deckers but second-hand double-deckers.
Timetable for the new 22(E):
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...015%29.pdf

It is a curious move to route the 22E through Orford Park at night.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)