Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(21/08/2022 17:31)Jack Wrote:  Deckers seemed to become standard on the 22 and 32 while Arriva were on strike which was sensible and they seem to have stuck to that since, i suppose the schools being off means more spare deckers too.

Notably the blue-coloured deckers often helping keep up the "blue line" appearance on the 32.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tongue RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(22/08/2022 04:56)Valandil Wrote:  Notably the blue-coloured deckers often helping keep up the "blue line" appearance on the 32.

they did work a bit, but when Arriva were on strike,,, they where needed more than ever a lot, But sadly Warrington Transport did not put them on all day etc tbh Dodgy , Warrington Transport for you Hammer

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Hopefully more deckers will be acquired when there is fleet renewal for the all-electric fleet plan.
In my opinion, routes like 25 and 20/21 could do with a full decker allocation Monday-Friday until early evening.
Big Grin RE: Warrington's Own Buses
electric Buses are a bad idea, you watch in about a year or 2 when they go to scrap Laugh

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/08/2022 08:31)Busway_Bob Wrote:  electric Buses are a bad idea, you watch in about a year or 2 when they go to scrap Laugh

TfGM have used them on Metroshuttle services since 2014. So they'll likely be on the Westy and Latchford locals for a long time, even if running them out to Northwich and Leigh isn't a success.
(22/08/2022 08:08)Valandil Wrote:  Hopefully more deckers will be acquired when there is fleet renewal for the all-electric fleet plan.
In my opinion, routes like 25 and 20/21 could do with a full decker allocation Monday-Friday until early evening.
Why would the 20/21 need deckers? It's rarely standing with the single deckers.
I think loadings on buses departing Warrington could be more evenly spread if passengers were better informed about which services served which roads.

The Knutsford to Warrington 47 service in the morning can get almost full leaving Latchford. People who could board the CAT5/5A, 1, 2 or 12 are happy to get on a bus that says "47 Warrington" if it's the first one that turns up after they arrive at the bus stop. However, on the afternoon Warrington to Knutsford service pretty much all the passengers who board it either want one of the roads in Thelwall that aren't served by the CAT services or somewhere beyond Lymm.
(22/08/2022 15:22)knutstransport Wrote:  I think loadings on buses departing Warrington could be more evenly spread if passengers were better informed about which services served which roads.

The Knutsford to Warrington 47 service in the morning can get almost full leaving Latchford. People who could board the CAT5/5A, 1, 2 or 12 are happy to get on a bus that says "47 Warrington" if it's the first one that turns up after they arrive at the bus stop. However, on the afternoon Warrington to Knutsford service pretty much all the passengers who board it either want one of the roads in Thelwall that aren't served by the CAT services or somewhere beyond Lymm.
To be fair, that is just logical and happens everywhere. Especially in areas like Warrington where it is pass heavy. If I'm at the bus stop and bus A and bus B go the same way, why would I wait and get bus B.

Heading into Warrington, the 47 runs 3 minutes ahead of the 5A (1 min later from Lymm but that can quickly become same time departure). Along Knutsford Road, the 47 runs 5 mins ahead of the 2 so literally picks up passing trade. That's how competitors made money, running 5 mins ahead and they can sweep up loads of passengers so it's the same thing happening here. Passing trade.

On the way home, the CAT5 departs at the same time as the 47 so people would likely go for a 'core' route. Not sure on the Knutsford Road front though. I guess people aim for and remember the 1 departs half hourly at set times. To remember 'the 1 leaves at xx27 and xx57 but additionally the 47 at 11:45 and 13:45.
(22/08/2022 21:04)iMarkeh Wrote:  On the way home, the CAT5 departs at the same time as the 47 so people would likely go for a 'core' route.

As the 47 doesn't go via Stockton Heath, it gets to Lymm faster if both depart on time. Of course the afternoon 47 is quite often an old bus so if one of the high spec Enviro 200 MMCs turns on the CAT5 it might be people would choose the nicer bus anyway. But then others might prefer an older bus with few passengers over a modern bus with lots of passengers.
(23/08/2022 12:26)knutstransport Wrote:  As the 47 doesn't go via Stockton Heath, it gets to Lymm faster if both depart on time. Of course the afternoon 47 is quite often an old bus so if one of the high spec Enviro 200 MMCs turns on the CAT5 it might be people would choose the nicer bus anyway. But then others might prefer an older bus with few passengers over a modern bus with lots of passengers.
The time difference is around 7 minutes to Grapenhall. Lymm, granted is around 13 minutes quicker. The 47 departs 2 stands down and you have to take into account my other point that heading into town, it's picking up passing trade. Heading out, people who want a certain service will return to the interchange and wait for their normal route at the normal stand.
It'd be interesting if anyone has any observations on the 11:46 or 13:46 Cat5 off Warrington Interchange. See what the usage is like around these times.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)