Current time: 25/04/2024, 14:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(12/08/2022 21:30)Busway_Bob Wrote:  Adult prices range from £1.70 to £4.20

Turns out their website is out-of-date, it's now up to £4.30
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Best bet to check for single and return tickets is find the route that you want on bustimes and then add /fares to the end of the URL. It works for all WOB routes and shows you the fare tables. There are some weird tables with 'shadow' fares which make no sense and they show the capped fares for the evening but just make sure you are looking at the right table.
(15/08/2022 19:19)iMarkeh Wrote:  Best bet to check for single and return tickets is find the route that you want on bustimes and then add /fares to the end of the URL. It works for all WOB routes and shows you the fare tables. There are some weird tables with 'shadow' fares which make no sense and they show the capped fares for the evening but just make sure you are looking at the right table.

That's useful to know. I see what you mean about the shadow fares tables. Look at the wrong one on the CAT5 or CAT9 and it makes it look like there's no fares from Altrincham to Warrington or from Northwich to Warrington.
(16/08/2022 12:13)knutstransport Wrote:  That's useful to know. I see what you mean about the shadow fares tables. Look at the wrong one on the CAT5 or CAT9 and it makes it look like there's no fares from Altrincham to Warrington or from Northwich to Warrington.
I agree. That's why it's hidden and not published like some of the other fares for other bus companies. Too confusing.

For the 'Returns', where there is no fare listed, that means you would be sold a day ticket.
Was there a reason why yesterday (Saturday) there were quite a few deckers out in service on various routes? In the past I know Warrington seem to have strayed away from using deckers on Sundays, there even seemed to be a few out on 22 Warrington-Ashton service.
(21/08/2022 05:38)M60lad Wrote:  Was there a reason why yesterday (Saturday) there were quite a few deckers out in service on various routes? In the past I know Warrington seem to have strayed away from using deckers on Sundays, there even seemed to be a few out on 22 Warrington-Ashton service.
I seen one on the 32 as well. Was quite a surprise seeing a decker in Widnes.
One appeared on the 47 on Thursday afternoon, which would be normal in school term time when the bus goes on to a school contract afterwards but there was no need for a decker to be out in the school holidays. Maybe they've just got more single deckers being serviced than usual? From the tracking it looks like quite a few single deckers were last out on Wednesday or Thursday.
(21/08/2022 06:03)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I seen one on the 32 as well. Was quite a surprise seeing a decker in Widnes.

Seen a number of decker's on the 32 while Arriva were on strike
Deckers seemed to become standard on the 22 and 32 while Arriva were on strike which was sensible and they seem to have stuck to that since, i suppose the schools being off means more spare deckers too.

Was jcksmnr
tbh Warrington Transport do need to use there Deckers more often, not sitting at Depot all the time, especially on long-distance or less frequent routes (Not on 62/A)

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)