Current time: 24/04/2024, 09:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Yes, there are some errors/omissions in the list of changes, including the fact that the 16(A) situation was already in place.
The biggest omission to my mind is not indicating that the 11 and 12 will be changing times and route on a Saturday, running along Knutsford Road by Victoria Park instead of Farrell Street, meaning loss of service there - the 1 and 2 will not be every 20 minutes, but will combine to be every 20 minutes with the 11 and 12 on Saturdays.

The Cat6 service is still down from how it used to be, mostly operating hourly now.
I really think it would be good if the 62(A) could be brought in line with the other Cheshire Cat routes in the future - it could be the Cat10 (Kitten!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/10/2020 22:23)Valandil Wrote:  I really think it would be good if the 62(A) could be brought in line with the other Cheshire Cat routes in the future - it could be the Cat10 (Kitten!)

Isn't the idea all the CAT services combined give a 10 minute frequency between Warrington and Stockton Heath?

Maybe the 47 could be branded as a Cheetah service, given by avoiding Stockton Heath it's faster between Lymm and Warrington than the CAT5. I wonder how many pass holders in Lymm realise that the 09:40 Knutsford to Warrington gives the earliest possible free arrival in Warrington for those who hold a pass, not the CAT5 which departs just before it.
(17/10/2020 08:58)knutstransport Wrote:  Isn't the idea all the CAT services combined give a 10 minute frequency between Warrington and Stockton Heath?

Yes, exactly, incorporating the hourly 62 into the Cheshire CATs would then give 6 buses per hour and with some slight retiming there could be a 10-minute frequency between Warrington and Stockton Heath again, instead of 'every 12 minutes but with an extra 62 service somewhere in the middle'.
It appears that MM13 OCH has arrived here
Service changes in the Greater Manchester area from 8th November:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...h-november
Further to the above, the 22A was saved from the impending cuts and is continuing to operate as before.
An unusual one this evening, if the tracker is correct: decker 309 out on the 16/32 this evening.
Just found the following on Warringtons Own website:

https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...4-december

Not to sure what is meant or is behind the safety reasoing unless their expecting additional traffic in/around Dunham Massey but it looks like both Cat 5 and Cat 5A will be following similar routes to each other except that Cat 5A will be doing the loop round Partington and Cat 5 will do the direct route missing out Partington.

It will be interesting to see how this affects timings on Cat 5 during the busy lead up to Christmas this year.
(11/12/2020 07:44)M60lad Wrote:  Just found the following on Warringtons Own website:

https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...4-december

Not to sure what is meant or is behind the safety reasoing unless their expecting additional traffic in/around Dunham Massey but it looks like both Cat 5 and Cat 5A will be following similar routes to each other except that Cat 5A will be doing the loop round Partington and Cat 5 will do the direct route missing out Partington.

It will be interesting to see how this affects timings on Cat 5 during the busy lead up to Christmas this year.

Yeah, that's a strange one and a shame that there won't be a route to Dunham Massey Park anymore - it doesn't sound like it's a temporary thing.
As far as I know, this means that deckers can now be used on the routes?

I wonder if TfGM might be able to fund a route between Altrincham and Dunham Massey Park, such as extending a Bowdon route.
I also wonder if the 5A is more profitable than the old 5 route ...
Christmas and New Year bus services:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...services-1

It would be useful to be clear whether it's the 48 or 48A that's running on 29th to 31st December, but I guess it's safe to assume it's the Northwich - Frodsham 48 instead of the 48A (and not the school run also called 48).

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)