Current time: 16/04/2024, 18:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
On Monday 18th May 2020 the 62 service operated by Warrington’s Own Buses will be operating from Warrington Bus Station to Runcorn Shopping City
timetable https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publict...e62WOB.pdf
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I wonder how long the V reg B7TLs have left surely it musnt be for much longer givern their age.
Find all posts by this user
(15/05/2020 13:08)darylyates17 Wrote:  I wonder how long the V reg B7TLs have left surely it musnt be for much longer givern their age.

Why not? If they're in good mechanical condition and there's no local authority age restrictions the age of the bus is irrelevant.

Especially if they're mainly college or school buses
(16/05/2020 05:07)Bobbi_1042_Runcorn Wrote:  so does that mean 148 Leyland Titan can work schools services then? Hammer

I think on an emergency basis any bus could operate any bus service but with non-compliant vehicles there's a limit to how many times they can be used in service each year.

Remember when Routemaster Buses used this bus on a contracted public service: https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...955909301/

Regarding school services if they are registered bus services then the same rules will apply. If they are under contract to the council or school then the terms of the contract will say what buses can or can't be used. In that case it may depend whether there's a disabled pupil who travels on the service and if not it's likely the most important criteria are number of seats and whether seat belts are required or not.
(16/05/2020 15:16)knutstransport Wrote:  I think on an emergency basis any bus could operate any bus service but with non-compliant vehicles there's a limit to how many times they can be used in service each year.

Remember when Routemaster Buses used this bus on a contracted public service: https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...955909301/

Regarding school services if they are registered bus services then the same rules will apply. If they are under contract to the council or school then the terms of the contract will say what buses can or can't be used. In that case it may depend whether there's a disabled pupil who travels on the service and if not it's likely the most important criteria are number of seats and whether seat belts are required or not.

The bus would have to have a waver for school or rail replacement. And can't do service sork. But can be used on private hire work
(15/05/2020 20:31)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Why not? If they're in good mechanical condition and there's no local authority age restrictions the age of the bus is irrelevant.

Especially if they're mainly college or school buses

Possibly has to do with emissions
Service changes from 8th June (mostly):
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...s-8th-june

Some simplifying going on in the Dallam and Orford areas, with service 16 running every 15 minutes (no 16A/20A/21A), the 21 running at night too (no 21E), and no 20A/21A on Sundays with the 16/20/21 each running every 30 minutes.
Nice also to see a Sunday service on routes 17 (Oakwood) and 25 instead of 26/27.

It looks like there may be a circuit going 21 -> 20 -> 16, before going off onto other routes, like 3/4 or 25.
It also looks like 13/14/15 may go on to the Latchfords, i.e. 1/2 or 11.
Maybe on Sundays the 16 will just be given PVR 1 and run there and back all day.

The Cat 6 is a weird one, having over 30 minutes' layover in Grappenhall, seemingly just to maintain a co-ordinated frequency with the other Cheshire Cat services - I guess the cost of fuel has been judged to be larger than the benefits of running on to Lymm as previously.
I think the 20A/21A arrangement has been a very long established one. I recall seeing timetables in the late 80s that included the 20A/21A on Sundays.
(29/05/2020 23:26)Valandil Wrote:  Cat 6 is a weird one, having over 30 minutes' layover in Grappenhall, seemingly just to maintain a co-ordinated frequency with the other Cheshire Cat services - I guess the cost of fuel has been judged to be larger than the benefits of running on to Lymm as previously.

The same could be said about the 47 journeys which only go to High Legh (even on the normal timetable) you'd think that allowing people from Lymm/High Legh/Mere to travel to Knutsford without spending half the day there would attract more passengers, especially considering the Lymm-Knutsford journey quite often arrives in Knutsford empty and the Knutsford-Lymm journey quite often leaves Knutsford empty. Although, as the operator is owned by Warrington BC, perhaps they don't really want people from Lymm and High Legh shopping in Knutsford.
(29/05/2020 23:26)Valandil Wrote:  Service changes from 8th June (mostly):
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...s-8th-june

Some simplifying going on in the Dallam and Orford areas, with service 16 running every 15 minutes (no 16A/20A/21A), the 21 running at night too (no 21E), and no 20A/21A on Sundays with the 16/20/21 each running every 30 minutes.
Nice also to see a Sunday service on routes 17 (Oakwood) and 25 instead of 26/27.
It's good to see the simplifying of services. Not sure how happy those on the 16A will be if this is a long term thing but taking off the 'A' buses and running the normal routes I think is much better for passengers and should in the long run help to increase passenger numbers.
As is known, I don't praise WOB often but the removal of Sunday and evening routes is very wise. Normal services should help to increase passenger numbers over time with the simpler network.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)