Current time: 18/04/2024, 22:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Their Manager has put mock up photos online of how they will look in WOB Livery:

https://twitter.com/benwakerley/status/1...29/photo/1

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/12/2019 21:23)Quackdave Wrote:  I suspect your source is getting it mixed up with the previous vehicle to carry J5 BUS, an Enviro200. This Cadet was originally 54-registered, so there is no chance of it having received an 09 registration.

Thanks Dave - that makes sense ! Records duly amended.
Find all posts by this user
(25/12/2019 10:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  Their Manager has put mock up photos online of how they will look in WOB Livery:

https://twitter.com/benwakerley/status/1...29/photo/1

Looking good, hopefully more to come over time, but bizarre that they are to be used on colleges and schools (as well as other routes).
(25/12/2019 12:41)Valandil Wrote:  Looking good, hopefully more to come over time, but bizarre that they are to be used on colleges and schools (as well as other routes).

I find it bizarre myself, RIP to the USB charging sockets.
(24/12/2019 17:34)darylyates17 Wrote:  Strange for Blackpool to sell them unless the whole 16 plate batch is being replaced?

Maybe they need fewer buses if there are no big new rail replacement contracts imminent.
(25/12/2019 16:36)Bevan Price Wrote:  Maybe they need fewer buses if there are no big new rail replacement contracts imminent.

Seems to be the likely case Blackpool must have a big fleet of spares for rail reps. If Warrington get more I wonder if they will replace the older deckers.
Blackpool have ordered 4 more according to a post I’ve read elsewhere they are due early 2020.
One of the Cheshire CAT branded Enviros on the 47 this afternoon. I think it was CH57 CAT
(25/12/2019 17:24)darylyates17 Wrote:  Seems to be the likely case Blackpool must have a big fleet of spares for rail reps. If Warrington get more I wonder if they will replace the older deckers.

Would make sense if they replace the older decks on their daily routes (25,32.17 etc) while keeping the older fleet for school/college/contract/event run
(24/12/2019 22:47)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Watch this space Dodgy

Sorry this is quite late, after original posts but just found this now, It is the case that Blackpool are to have a three yearly fleet replacement plan to save on maintenance etc, and so the fleet is always kept modern, this only applies to buses and NOT to trams of course. In winter the requirement for buses goes down, and I understand a small number of new Enviro400 City are due at Blackpool this year so to get rid of these now would make sense.

I also understand Warrington is to buy another 4 Enviro400 City's will these be new? or will they return to Blackpool Transport for more from the same batch, after all Warrington might make them look new with Private registrations!

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)