Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(26/04/2013 09:53)Valandil Wrote:  There is some talk of changing the timetables again, particularly on the Penkeths where the afternoon peak is a bit of a desperate situation.

Currently the 30, 31 and 32 all leave within 6 or 7 minutes of each other, then leaving a gap of nothing for over half an hour.
This currently means that 3 buses frequently require access to 2 bays at a busy time, and the earliest is often left stranded trying to access a bay while changes-over are carried out or a few minutes' layover are spent on the stand. Also, all the passengers tend to crowd onto one of the three (whichever comes in earliest), often leaving a longer bus near-empty and possibly passengers on a route which they would not normally catch (often taking 'whatever comes first', e.g. the 30 instead of 31, if the 30 has arrived and the 31 hasn't yet).

I myself can see the 31 becoming every 45 minutes or so, with a dedicated Solo put on the route (or maybe running every hour as currently, but only interworking with just the 29 to Gemini, PVR 2). This would then allow for the 32 and 30 to interwork, without having to worry about longer vehicles running onto the 31. In recent times, the 31 ex Warrington at 1207 has regularly been worked by a Cadet, along with 2 afternoon peak journeys, causing some inconvenience for drivers, residents and passengers who are made late.

This is all too true, I myself use the Penketh routes as I live on Liverpool Road, and the timings of these buses could dow ith some work. The current timetables, as you say, make a mess of the situation in the bus station and along the rest of the route.

Shame I didnt hear back from the Scheduler job they had on as this was one of my main ideas for improving the service on this corridor.

Plus, the bailout means that there needs to be more optimization over the entire network to reduce the overheads, as has been seen with the lack of 48 service now and the changes to the 7 and introduction of the 10s...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Optare versa 100 in standard network warrington livery on 19.
To add to that its non hybrid 13 reg.
The new versas were out on the 17 this morning. First time I've been on a bus in its first day in public service I think! Overall they provide a nice ride (as you would expect!!) but they do feel very "cheap" inside. Far too much plastic. Warrington's interior colours of red and orange don't help either...

Think I saw two of the Versas in Culcheth today - IIRC one of them had fleet number 106!
You would have seen one in Culcheth yesterday as one was out on 19s, apparantly since they've entered service despite being branded for 17s they've been finding their way onto other routes from what I've heard from a Network Warrington Driver
Not all have been branded as i know fleet number 100 is in normal network warrington livery.
(06/05/2013 21:13)507022 Wrote:  Think I saw two of the Versas in Culcheth today - IIRC one of them had fleet number 106!

106 is a hybrid version, sadly i had that yesterday and the condtion on the bus was a joke, rattles a lot at the back and the amount of muck on the floor as well was a joke, lookedl ike it had been like that a while, the next bus stop thingy was not working as well.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/05/2013 09:14)bolton bus basher Wrote:  106 is a hybrid version, sadly i had that yesterday and the condtion on the bus was a joke, rattles a lot at the back and the amount of muck on the floor as well was a joke, lookedl ike it had been like that a while, the next bus stop thingy was not working as well.

Warrington seems to take good care of its fleet in general, but there are some exceptions.
I have to say that I've never been on a Warrington hybrid with a working 'next stop' display! (Though I've only been on one twice).
I've been on the hybrids a handful of times and I've been on the new ones a couple of times and I have never seen them work properly on any of them.

On the subject of the versas, only one is in the normal Network Warrington livery, the rest are branded for the 17.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)