Current time: 18/04/2024, 04:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(30/03/2019 21:30)T42 PVM Wrote:  Its just someones dropped me a text saying WOB have bought 5 Versa's from Transdev?

Iv also heard that rumour but again nothing concrete.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/03/2019 22:01)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Iv also heard that rumour but again nothing concrete.

The rumor I heard it’s the remainder of the 57 platr batch (201,202,203,205,206)
(30/03/2019 13:24)The H man Wrote:  Why would they ?

The only reason I was putting the question out there was due to the fact that Arriva in Runcorn are scaling down their operations and was wondering whether the X30 would run between Runcorn and Chester with Halton and Warringtons Own Buses running between Warrington and Halton Lea...again just a thought more than anything.
The X30 and 62 both run different ways so there would be no need to scale the X30 back.
(31/03/2019 09:07)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  The only reason I was putting the question out there was due to the fact that Arriva in Runcorn are scaling down their operations and was wondering whether the X30 would run between Runcorn and Chester with Halton and Warringtons Own Buses running between Warrington and Halton Lea...again just a thought more than anything.

The X30 is quicker and more directly to Runcorn than the 62, If arriva scale down the X30 that will anger a lot of passengers concidering the Daresbury park - A56/A533 section is only served by the X30, They only problem with them is capacity and frequency.

X30 is pretty popular and at times can be standing room only. In my opinion theres no way Arriva will scale it down but then again this is Arriva and sometimes they do love fixing something that isnt broken. The 21/82A/500 is a good example.
(30/03/2019 12:01)TheShire Wrote:  One user here claimed that WOB did announced that there is a batch of Enviro200 on order, We would have to wait and see in the coming weeks.

I highly doubt Arriva will scrap the X30, Although that also serves Runcorn but serves a different route.

The X30 can also be a busy service too even on off peaks.

I was told this was the case when visiting the depot when the first batch arrived, obviously the staff member showing me around was just hinting it could happen and nothing actually was ordered. Nevertheless it wouldn't surprise me if they get more eventually.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/03/2019 06:56)Nwales Bus Wrote:  The rumor I heard it’s the remainder of the 57 platr batch (201,202,203,205,206)

Four of those five have just been sold to Scarlet Band, up in County Durham, so clearly not.

Jeff
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is the Enviro200s the only vehicles that features free wifi and usb power?
According to the registration, Warrington's 62 will start on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 (as opposed to Monday 29th April).
Cadet 46 is being worked on and looks like it will be back on the road shortly, this will be the only 04 plate on the road having been withdrawn about a year ago.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)