Current time: 29/03/2024, 07:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(18/08/2018 16:22)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Nope and interestingly neither were Link Network

I think Link was owned by Fairbrothers(correct me if I’m wrong)I’ve seen some of Fairbrothers buses on Link routes in the past
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Their weird on a Saturday. 10:06, 11:06, 12:06, 13:06 and 14:06 off the interchange. And they only spend 4 mins in Warrington on layover so you you would be lucky to see one anyway.
(18/08/2018 16:22)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Nope and interestingly neither were Link Network

There was always a connection between fairbrothers and Link despite them saying otherwise.

Do you know exactly when Fairbrothers ceased trading??
(18/08/2018 15:03)TheShire Wrote:  The way i see it, WOB may take the 49 Warrington to Hope Academy Via Winwick.

1C, 15A/X and 16H/X runs the same route as WOB so WOB may change the times on those service to even it out.

If they are to operate Fairbrothers public services (which I still doubt) and changes will be gradule. They would need firstly need to register them on their own licence then make any changes after 60 days I think it is.
David Fairbrother is listed as a director of MD bus and coach on the companies house website. I notice the link network website doesn't appear to have a correspondence adress, just a phone number and web contact form.
;
It will be interesting to see if both get called to PI's - Fairbrothers must surely be for ceasing without notice.
(18/08/2018 17:52)Mayneway Wrote:  If they are to operate Fairbrothers public services (which I still doubt) and changes will be gradule. They would need firstly need to register them on their own licence then make any changes after 60 days I think it is.

You can register buses at short notice if you are taking over a route which is being withdrawn by another operator.. The registration time was 56 days but apparently got upped to 72 (though registrations are being done with 56 days notice and not being done under short notice so I am unsure if the 72 days was a misprint).

(18/08/2018 17:43)darylyates17 Wrote:  I think Link was owned by Fairbrothers(correct me if I’m wrong)I’ve seen some of Fairbrothers buses on Link routes in the past
Link is part owned by Fairbrother himself and not Fairbrothers the bus company. Fairbrothers and Link had good relations as the owners are good friends. Using each others buses was just a case of lending buses if there was a breakdown. It's a good way to be. Make friends rather than enemies. There was also the ticket acceptance (though day and week tickets had 4 different prices at the time of Fairbrothers collapse for the exact same ticket and same area)
If Warrington's Own Buses are going to be operating most (if not all) of the former Fairbrother's services from tomorrow the question is have Warrington's Own Buses got enough spare vehicles and Ops discs to do this and also will they be actually running on all of Fairbrothers/Link Network's former routes for the time being if so this will be interesting as for a period it will see Warrington's Own Buses operating into Widness and back into St Helens on 329 which Warrington used to operate many years ago anyway or will they just run on the former Fairbrothers routes?
Link Network are still operating as they are a totally different operator.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
As said we won’t be operating any of Link Networks routes as they are registered as a different company though they use the same yard and premises as Fairbrothers to store the vehicles. How long they will continue to operate those that is anybody’s guess..
(19/08/2018 07:02)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  As said we won’t be operating any of Link Networks routes as they are registered as a different company though they use the same yard and premises as Fairbrothers to store the vehicles. How long they will continue to operate those that is anybody’s guess..
Are you sure the Buses you have seen at Fairbrothers where not there for some sort of work? as Link Network have their own Depot in Earlstown.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)