Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(29/06/2018 09:29)knutstransport Wrote:  What is the bus company being called locally? I know a few years back some of the older passengers were still calling them Warrington Corporation Transport!

'The corporation' or just 'the corpy' still get used!!! Mind you, my in laws still refer to Warrington General Hospital as 'the Borough'.

I don't recall anyone referring to them as Network Warrington, and I can't see Warringtons Own Buses catching on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/06/2018 22:05)TheShire Wrote:  Their website has now change which i expect there more to come

https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed how loads of bus companies are taking up this website design? Blackpool Transport, Cardiff Bus and Lothian have fairly similar designs, Reading Buses just relaunched their website which is fairly similar to this - it seems to be fairly popular along the municipal bus companies!
I don't think the design has particularly changed, just the new logo and colour scheme.
(29/06/2018 18:19)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed how loads of bus companies are taking up this website design? Blackpool Transport, Cardiff Bus and Lothian have fairly similar designs, Reading Buses just relaunched their website which is fairly similar to this - it seems to be fairly popular along the municipal bus companies!

The Blackpool Transport site has been created from a pre-purchased template and the Cardiff Bus and Reading Bus sites have been created from exactly the same pre-purchased template - I wonder if it was the cheapest suitable one available at the time? Lothian have created their site from a pre-purchased template as well but it's a different template from a different provider.

The Warrington one isn't obviously a template so it might be someone at some point created the site for them from scratch. It has the opening code for HTML5 (the latest version) but the majority of it has been built using XHTML 1 (the version which pre-dated HTML5) suggests it was built manually by someone who hadn't properly learnt HTML5 at the time.
(29/06/2018 16:09)knutstransport Wrote:  So passengers are referring to the company as "Warrington's Own Buses" without shortening it? Usually when there's a long name a lot of passengers miss out part of it e.g. saying TransPennine, not TransPennine Express or East Midlands not East Midlands trains.

Ah I’ve misunderstood the question. The truth is from that angle is I don’t exactly know and I agree Warrington’s Own Buses isn’t the most catchy name. Maybe WOB, or Wire Bus? (Wire short for Warrington)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/06/2018 15:43)RedPanda Wrote:  Ah I’ve misunderstood the question. The truth is from that angle is I don’t exactly know and I agree Warrington’s Own Buses isn’t the most catchy name. Maybe WOB, or Wire Bus? (Wire short for Warrington)

No one has ever called it that LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Corpy, or Network Warrington it is commonly known as.
Anyone downloading their new app or getting their new smart card can get a £4.95 day ticket or a weekly ticket for £23: http://so-warrington.co.uk/latest-news/a...own-buses/ I guess this spells the end for the Cheshire Travelcard!
Sooner or later Smartcards will be the only way to pay for bus travel , maybe not for a few more years yet though i hope.
(04/07/2018 18:06)wirralbus Wrote:  Sooner or later Smartcards will be the only way to pay for bus travel , maybe not for a few more years yet though i hope.

No reason why contactless credit and debit cards can't be used. TfL services accept them alongside Oyster cards.
(04/07/2018 17:58)knutstransport Wrote:  Anyone downloading their new app or getting their new smart card can get a £4.95 day ticket or a weekly ticket for £23: http://so-warrington.co.uk/latest-news/a...own-buses/ I guess this spells the end for the Cheshire Travelcard!

You say it like many people get and use the Cheshire travel are. I haven't seen one out for years. I love how their fares are done so that drivers need loads of 5Ps. I would just round it off like everyone else does.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)