Current time: 18/04/2024, 00:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
By the way, the thing which I find strange about the CAT5A is the way that it doubles back on itself in Partington, starting at Oak Road in the South, operating up to the centre of Partington around Central Road, then back down again to Oak Road in the South before continuing on to either Altrincham or Warrington.
Maybe this is due to the more direct route to Broadheath down Moss Lane being too tight? - I don't know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anyone know what happened to the 09:38 22 service from Earlestown it didnt come :EDIT someone told me it broke down just as I typed this does anyone know which bus broke down
The new Cheshire Cat buses will start to arrive early next week
(04/04/2018 10:32)Valandil Wrote:  By the way, the thing which I find strange about the CAT5A is the way that it doubles back on itself in Partington, starting at Oak Road in the South, operating up to the centre of Partington around Central Road, then back down again to Oak Road in the South before continuing on to either Altrincham or Warrington.
Maybe this is due to the more direct route to Broadheath down Moss Lane being too tight? - I don't know.

You’re correct(assuming you’re talking about the more northerly moss lane-there’s 2 moss lanes and it still travels along the second)- Moss lane is very narrow in places. Although you can pass a car on most of it, 2 buses facing on the wrong section would be an issue, and the inbound/outbound are timed to pass on the section between partington / broadheath.
(05/04/2018 09:32)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  The new Cheshire Cat buses will start to arrive early next week

Me thinks a trip to the depot is likely, me thinks Monday Laugh 2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It seems the majority of those living in Knutsford don't know the 47 service exists. Apart from one sentence in the local paper at the end of an article about the withdrawal of the 289 service and the timetables online (if you know they are there) it's not been publicised anywhere. There aren't even timetables in the library and when an old lady went in and said she'd just seen a 47 bus and wanted to know what the timetable was, the librarians' response was "I don't know about a 47, the only timetable we have is for the 88 and 89."
(05/04/2018 19:29)knutstransport Wrote:  It seems the majority of those living in Knutsford don't know the 47 service exists. Apart from one sentence in the local paper at the end of an article about the withdrawal of the 289 service and the timetables online (if you know they are there) it's not been publicised anywhere. There aren't even timetables in the library and when an old lady went in and said she'd just seen a 47 bus and wanted to know what the timetable was, the librarians' response was "I don't know about a 47, the only timetable we have is for the 88 and 89."

Warrington seems to be free of timetables at stops with the only information being is routes of buses that stop at the stop your at. Information has to be found by looking at a paper timetable or online.
Is this the same in Knutsford? And across Cheshire?

I do hope it is well used (overcrowding) with all pensioners and disabled on a seat. I've always been surprised at how no operator has had a service linking the two towns given the distance.
(05/04/2018 19:59)RedPanda Wrote:  Warrington seems to be free of timetables at stops with the only information being is routes of buses that stop at the stop your at. Information has to be found by looking at a paper timetable or online.
Is this the same in Knutsford? And across Cheshire?

Isn't that how bus stop information is supposed to work? The information shown at a stop relates to the services that operate from that stop. There's usually a QR code or Traveline details on the display if you need more general info. Cheshire West have been updating displays today.
(05/04/2018 20:17)CTL45 Wrote:  Isn't that how bus stop information is supposed to work? The information shown at a stop relates to the services that operate from that stop. There's usually a QR code or Traveline details on the display if you need more general info. Cheshire West have been updating displays today.

They're missing timetables inside the plastic boards at stops in Warrington. If there's anybody who doesn't have the internet then they're stuffed. Unless they hail a bus and hope the bus they want doesn't pass them.
Either due to vandalism or service changes but the information doesn't get replaced.
(05/04/2018 20:25)RedPanda Wrote:  They're missing timetables inside the plastic boards at stops in Warrington. If there's anybody who doesn't have the internet then they're stuffed. Unless they hail a bus and hope the bus they want doesn't pass them.
Either due to vandalism or service changes but the information doesn't get replaced.

Ah right, sorry it wasn't very clear what you meant. It's a poor show. Flintshire has gone the same way. I don't know why the bus companies don't make more noise about missing information, it must lose them business.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)