Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
From TfGM Bus Services Committee:

Services 5/35 are currently funded by TfGM, Warrington Council and Cheshire East Council. Following the withdrawal of funding by Cheshire East, TfGM and Warrington have agreed a revised network in order to maintain a 30 minute daytime service between Warrington and Altrincham.

Service 35 which is currently funded by Cheshire East Council will be withdrawn and replaced by service 5A.

Service 5A will run via the existing service 5 route between Warrington and Lymm then direct to Partington then via Broadheath to Altrincham. This provides a number of new regular links from Partington to Broadheath ASDA, Lymm and Warrington. The introduction of service 5A maintains a 30 minute service between Altrincham and Broadheath with service 281, replacing service 280. As part of this network revision, Network Warrington are providing brand new buses on this service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Nice info - one thing which I do find odd about the CAT services and Network Warrington's changes in general is how some are happening on 8th/9th April 2018 and some are 1 week later, on 15th April.
Some of it is probably to do with different change dates for the different councils, but that transition week could be a bit of a mess, with a whole set of different boards being needed, passengers confused about whether and when their routes are changing etc.
Valandil, I saw that the original changes were put in for the 8th but additional changes are made to some services from 15th April so I can only assume it is meant to be 8th April but they made changes to times and due to the 56 days notice period, they had to make it the 15th.
(01/03/2018 12:55)RedPanda Wrote:  Network Warrington is a business as is all other bus/coach operators. If its empty, it isn’t making money. If there’s one or two, then its a few extra pounds for them.

By the time you factor in the fuel the bus will use as well as the driver's wages it isn't worth running a service if the takings are going to be as minimal as "a few pounds"
(01/03/2018 19:16)iMarkeh Wrote:  Valandil, I saw that the original changes were put in for the 8th but additional changes are made to some services from 15th April so I can only assume it is meant to be 8th April but they made changes to times and due to the 56 days notice period, they had to make it the 15th.

Oh yes, I see now that for example the CAT 5's and 6's were registered from 09 April 2018 but with an amendment on 15 April 2018 - but yet the 13's, 14's and 15's were never down to change on 09 April 2018 and will only have their changes on 15 April 2018.

Regarding the 22E running back in service, I have just consulted Google Maps and there is no way back to Warrington quicker than straight through to Winwick and then straight along Winwick Road to the Tesco Extra Superstore in the town centre, i.e. the normal route of the 22 during the day. So I thoroughly support the idea of 'setting down only' like what the evening 22/420 used to do.
(01/03/2018 16:57)Brickmill Wrote:  That's open to debate on so many levels............

Well they are... stating the obvious. It being owned by local government its still a business.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/03/2018 19:47)RedPanda Wrote:  Well they are... stating the obvious. It being owned by local government its still a business.

A bus company which is out there for a profit doesn't park up 3 buses in Dallam, 1 bus on the 10 minute bat at Warrington Bus Station and 1 bus on the 'runway' at Warrington Bus Station just to try and get rid of a competitor who isn't really a big threat (obviously Fairbrothers come off for schools and all of NW services run a few minutes ahead of Fairbrothers anyway). For the record, the buses don't stay parked up, they drive off as soon as they see a Fairbrothers bus and they keep moving up like that (as a Fairbrothers bus reverses off the bay, the bus on the 'runway' drives off and the bus on the 10 minute bay moves onto bay 2 and blocks it up).
For those interested...

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...n_network/
(01/03/2018 21:10)Y474 KNF Wrote:  For those interested...

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...n_network/

Drat, I posted that on the wrong thread! (St Helens)

Anyway, from the article, it sounds like the Cheshire Cat 6 might not be going to Thelwall - perhaps cut short to Grappenhall similar to the old service 7?
While this is Network Warrington thread I hope nobody mind me posting this:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/20...s-company/

Found the link via a friend on social media, not to sure how long Fairbrothers will be out of action for and where/what replacement vehicles will be

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)