Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Euro 6 engines only allowed in Greater Manchester from next May
RE: Euro 6 engines only allowed in Greater Manchester from next May
Halifax have the Enviro400s which have all been converted to euro 6 already. I imagine the Eclipse 2s and Streetlites (unsure if they are already euro6) can be converted too :-)

(24/06/2021 09:48)knutstransport Wrote:  First have always seemed to have a policy of if a bus can still be used it will still be used, even if it means cascading it to another part of the country. In the 00s First's Huddersfield depot had a collection of ex-Yorkshire Rider and ex-London deckers, while their Halifax and Bradford depots had brand new deckers. If you tell them the old buses aren't suitable for routes going in to Greater Manchester then they'll probably allocate some of the brand new ones to Halifax and Huddersfield to ensure they have suitable vehicles for cross-border services, while depots like Leeds, Bradford and Sheffield will be stuck with the older vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Can I ask please as this euro 6 term is a bit confusing to me, if a bus engine is say currently euro 5 compliant, what modifications does the engine have done to make it euro 6 compliant or is the euro 5 engine swapped for a euro 6 engine and the euro 5 compliant engine modified in preparation for the next engine swap so there is always a spare available if that makes any kind of sense.
When they get converted say from euro5 to euro6 on an existing bus a lot of it is to do with the exhaust system etc, as far as I'm aware the engine itself is mainly unmodified and it is the exhaust systems that get changed (silencers, particulate filters, etc). On a lot of them the hydraulic fan gets removed (if it has a hydraulic one) and replaced with E-fans too.

(24/06/2021 10:42)313201 Wrote:  Can I ask please as this euro 6 term is a bit confusing to me, if a bus engine is say currently euro 5 compliant, what modifications does the engine have done to make it euro 6 compliant or is the euro 5 engine swapped for a euro 6 engine and the euro 5 compliant engine modified in preparation for the next engine swap so there is always a spare available if that makes any kind of sense.
Ah right thankyou for that
A quote from TfGM indicates on Route One indicates 'most of' the roads under the Highway Agency's control like motorways won't be part of the clean air zone.

https://www.route-one.net/environment/be...ester-caz/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)