Current time: 18/04/2024, 02:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
Don't know why but the YJ12 GZxxxx solos don't actually carry fleet numbers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/02/2019 07:17)M60lad Wrote:  Has Sharston still got their MMC200s? Only recently the 129 route round Middleton that the vehicles are normally used on has been operated by one of Selwyns MMC400s.

I spotted the MMC Enviro200 being towed through Ashton under lyne the week before last still with 129 on the blind (presumably it failed in service but not sure why the recovery truck came off in Ashton) but it does seem like ever since a decker has been used on the 129.
When I was working in Stockport last week they were using an older Enviro200 on the 391/392 as well as the regular Solo's.
(07/02/2019 16:10)33109 Wrote:  Don't know why but the YJ12 GZxxxx solos don't actually carry fleet numbers.

A lot of the vehicles don’t but all are usually allocated them.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Selwyns 391/392 registration has been cancelled.
(20/02/2019 19:45)knutstransport Wrote:  Selwyns 391/392 registration has been cancelled.

Yep MCT have won the tender and will be using the 3 new electric vehicles on it once they have been delivered.
New teritory for MCT and good to see them growing and operating further out of GM, as for the electric vehicles though I thought I read somewhere that MCT weren't into Electric/Hybrid vehicles hence the recentl deliveries being various types of Enviro200 due to various problems they've been having with their Hybrid vehicles.
(21/02/2019 00:02)Mayneway Wrote:  Yep MCT have won the tender and will be using the 3 new electric vehicles on it once they have been delivered.

So when the DfT announced that MCT had successfully bid for 3 ebuses allocated under GM they should have been shown as East Cheshire
(21/02/2019 08:02)Brickmill Wrote:  So when the DfT announced that MCT had successfully bid for 3 ebuses allocated under GM they should have been shown as East Cheshire

I think the 391 and 392 gets funding from both Cheshire East and TfGM and of course they serve both Stockport and Cheshire East. Maybe the funding award was because the buses serve Stockport, where presumably there's more pollution than in Bollington?
(21/02/2019 08:02)Brickmill Wrote:  So when the DfT announced that MCT had successfully bid for 3 ebuses allocated under GM they should have been shown as East Cheshire

As Knutstransport has said it still serves a large section of GM before crossing into Cheshire. No doubt these will be used on other 100% GM area services when the 391/2 isn't running so don't see what the issue is.
(21/02/2019 06:14)M60lad Wrote:  New teritory for MCT and good to see them growing and operating further out of GM, as for the electric vehicles though I thought I read somewhere that MCT weren't into Electric/Hybrid vehicles hence the recentl deliveries being various types of Enviro200 due to various problems they've been having with their Hybrid vehicles.

I think if DfT was giving funding for conventional diesel Enviro200's/Solos then they would be the preferred choice but it makes sense to bid for hybrids/electrics as they are part funded and it helps them win contracts.

I don't think the white Solo hybrids are brilliant and seem to spend a lot of time off the road but the main issues are with the TFGM ones and the crazy maintenance contact where they have to be shipped off to optare for anything from a headlight bulb changing to brakes changing. It means there gone for several days for simple fixes and spare vehicles have to be drafted in and used.
I believe some operators will only put in prices to run tenders with their own vehicles because they don't want the green boats.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)