Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
Hi folks,

I've got a couple of questions about selwyns. Do they let dogs on their buses & if so is there a charge? I regularly travel about with my dog but he doesn't cause any problems just sits by my feet.

Do they offer a day ticket or what'd be the price for a return from macclesfield to stockport?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/02/2018 19:00)33109 Wrote:  Hi folks,

I've got a couple of questions about selwyns. Do they let dogs on their buses & if so is there a charge? I regularly travel about with my dog but he doesn't cause any problems just sits by my feet.

Do they offer a day ticket or what'd be the price for a return from macclesfield to stockport?

I don't think they've publicised any information regarding the new service yet. If I were you I'd wait a couple of weeks to see if any information appears online and if it doesn't then drop them an email or phone them up.
Already dropped them an email, just putting the feelers out as I'd seen the info on cheshire east website.
(19/02/2018 11:34)chris-s Wrote:  Buses are already in Sharston depot. Will see if can find out what they are and reg's etc

I don't know whether you mean that the intended buses are at Sharston or these Solo SRs are there? I am about to go on the London bus forum where I shall see whether their replacements have arrived. If so, I would list the reg's of the Solo SRs in question.
Selwyns have a strange allocation out on the 3's today/tonight being YN60 FMO.
(26/02/2018 19:38)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Selwyns have a strange allocation out on the 3's today/tonight being YN60 FMO.

Mercedes Vario/Plaxton Cheetah minicoach?!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(26/02/2018 19:38)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Selwyns have a strange allocation out on the 3's today/tonight being YN60 FMO.

Yeah I was strangely confused this morning as my train approached Huyton. Does this comply for contract work? They must be desperate not having the Enviro200 or something similar on that route.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It has been out all day on it? That is, err, vantastic?!

It won't comply though as the contract requires a low floor bus, wheelchair access, destinations etc etc.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(26/02/2018 21:13)buses7675 Wrote:  It has been out all day on it? That is, err, vantastic?!

It won't comply though as the contract requires a low floor bus, wheelchair access, destinations etc etc.

Would I be right in thinking that Merseytravel would penalize you more for not running a service compared to just not using a DDA bus? It depends how they look at things. Yes, at least it still ran but it wasn't a bus that should have been used. Personally I would have just been happy a bus turned up. Passengers (except those who are less able) would have just been happy the bus ran.

They should have used an Ex NatEx plaxton elite, that way there is wheelchair access, it just takes a lot longer to board those passenger. It has destinations (though not ones for the 3). All is good :P
A Plaxton Elite would not have got around the estates that the 3 operates along, the Cheetah itself will have been less than ideal for the usual passengers too but it is better than nothing at all, you'd think they'd have spares to facilitate for this.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)