Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(02/08/2021 22:32)dounowhoiam Wrote:  In regards to Selwyns bus services, does anyone know if there has been updates on the buses they have been allocating on the 44 - as whilst the double deckers are lovely buses they are too big for the housing estate around Withington and far exceed the number of passengers that use that route. I've noticed that they have been putting on a Solo, the double decker and a longer single decker bus. Don't they have two Solo buses that could stick to that route?

Additionally, I spoke to the Manchester depot some while back to get tracking sorted to show on bus times as I've missed buses due to them running early and been waiting at stops for a while when traffic has affected the route. I am aware that tracking does work as it shows on the TfGM website as a live time but that is (no fault to Selwyns) not an efficient website for trying to find local bus stop times.

You have to also be aware that having times on websites or even bus stops. Does not mean they have to use them. Only timing points. Reason MCT used to have issues buses being early as they would speed round then wait before there last stop. so could easy be 5 mins early.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/08/2021 20:23)Mrboo Wrote:  You have to also be aware that having times on websites or even bus stops. Does not mean they have to use them. Only timing points. Reason MCT used to have issues buses being early as they would speed round then wait before there last stop. so could easy be 5 mins early.

Correct, sadly it was at the timing point where it depart earlier than it should. The issue is more to do with knowing whereabouts the bus is as I've had issues of the bus not turning up for a significant amount of time and as it's not on bustimes.org (the one that most operators show tracking / timetable data) it doesn't allow me to effectively make my journey.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/08/2021 20:23)Mrboo Wrote:  Reason MCT used to have issues buses being early as they would speed round then wait before there last stop. so could easy be 5 mins early.

At one point in Cheshire the stops that weren't timings points displayed the time of the previous timing point, meaning they would arrive after the time displayed on the stop. However, someone decided that was a bad idea and they went back to estimated times.
(03/08/2021 20:23)Mrboo Wrote:  You have to also be aware that having times on websites or even bus stops. Does not mean they have to use them. Only timing points. Reason MCT used to have issues buses being early as they would speed round then wait before there last stop. so could easy be 5 mins early.

I never sped around when I was doing 44’s infact timings were often tight, and as it was normally a TFGM hybrid used speeding is not going to happen so stop talking rubbish.
Times on bus stops are always going to be estimates only official timing points actually need to be observed.
(02/08/2021 22:32)dounowhoiam Wrote:  In regards to Selwyns bus services, does anyone know if there has been updates on the buses they have been allocating on the 44 - as whilst the double deckers are lovely buses they are too big for the housing estate around Withington and far exceed the number of passengers that use that route. I've noticed that they have been putting on a Solo, the double decker and a longer single decker bus. Don't they have two Solo buses that could stick to that route?

Additionally, I spoke to the Manchester depot some while back to get tracking sorted to show on bus times as I've missed buses due to them running early and been waiting at stops for a while when traffic has affected the route. I am aware that tracking does work as it shows on the TfGM website as a live time but that is (no fault to Selwyns) not an efficient website for trying to find local bus stop times.

Officially a pair of Solos should be used on the 382 and the MMC Enviro200’s are for the 44. One of the MMC’s has just returned from being painted in Selwyns livery, the second should (or has) gone for paint.
(05/08/2021 00:20)Mayneway Wrote:  I never sped around when I was doing 44’s infact timings were often tight, and as it was normally a TFGM hybrid used speeding is not going to happen so stop talking rubbish.
Times on bus stops are always going to be estimates only official timing points actually need to be observed.

Did I say it was the 44 it was the ashton routes like the 169. my point is times are only taken at set points so even at bus stops the times are just as a guide buses can leave a stop on time then run early upto stop before timing point. often my local route will be on stagecoach app as running early so they know on green road buses are running early. But no one tells drivers to slow down. I like the system fiixbus they cant leave early as they can`t depart on the app. I dont see a reason with Gps buses can have warning on ETM if running early.
(05/08/2021 01:53)Mrboo Wrote:  Did I say it was the 44 it was the ashton routes like the 169. my point is times are only taken at set points so even at bus stops the times are just as a guide buses can leave a stop on time then run early upto stop before timing point. often my local route will be on stagecoach app as running early so they know on green road buses are running early. But no one tells drivers to slow down. I like the system fiixbus they cant leave early as they can`t depart on the app. I dont see a reason with Gps buses can have warning on ETM if running early.

You implied it was an issue at MCT. Which Ashton routes were you referring too??

You can never run early between stops, as long as you don’t pass a timing point before time your not running early. Again green road measures the style of driving not times. That would be the ticketer.
Seems Selwyns are going on the 62 from Widnes Green Oaks to Warrington Interchange from tomorrow:

PC0001866/196 Registered (Short notice)
SELWYNS TRAVEL LTD
Route: Widnes, Green Oaks to Warrington Bus Interchange
Service number: 62
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 11 Sep 2021

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/09/2021 16:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  Seems Selwyns are going on the 62 from Widnes Green Oaks to Warrington Interchange from tomorrow:

PC0001866/196 Registered (Short notice)
SELWYNS TRAVEL LTD
Route: Widnes, Green Oaks to Warrington Bus Interchange
Service number: 62
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 11 Sep 2021
Saturday only timetable introduced by Halton Council

https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Documents/bus/62selwyn.aspx
From Merseytravel website:

Due to an accident near their depot, which is blocking the entrance and exit, Selwyns Travel are unable to operate any services this morning.

School services serving any of the below will be affected.

Birkenhead High School Academy
Birkenhead Sixth Form College
Birkenhead School
Calday Grammar
Hilbre High School
Our Lady of Pity
Pensby High School
Ridgeway high School
St Anselms College
St John Plessington
St Marys College
Weatherhead High School
West Kirby Grammar
Wirral Grammar
Woodchurch High School

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)