Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(05/03/2019 07:01)T42 PVM Wrote:  Operators do tell the Council before they tell the TC a lot of the time
That could be the case. I think it does seem quite quick for it to all have been sorted but maybe the council were told a while before. If Selwyns has won the school contract, that is good to hear but I am yet to hear anything more than rumours. I know a few people on this forum work at Selwyns and may know a few things or other people on the forum may have contact and know what is officially going on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The approach to school transport in Cheshire West at present seems to be the school (not the council) asks local operators to consider running the service commercially as the first resort.
Selwyns have just registered all the Merseyside schools from 29th April. A heck of a lot of tenders won.
Seen two all over white double decker last night coming off the M56 at Runcorn heading towards there Runcorn depot.
Also seen some in the depot lastweek
There is a Selwyns MMC400 parked in the former Avon yard
(30/03/2019 10:24)DVG526 Wrote:  There is a Selwyns MMC400 parked in the former Avon yard

Its their Depot now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/03/2019 10:26)T42 PVM Wrote:  Its their Depot now

I’m aware of that. Just letting people know. Thanks
I cant help feel this article is slightly misleading, Selwyns are only doing schools, at least for now

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...s-16085148
(06/04/2019 10:45)N271CKB Wrote:  I cant help feel this article is slightly misleading, Selwyns are only doing schools, at least for now

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...s-16085148

I think the paper is giving people false hope as cant see selwyns wanting to operate routes that struggle to make a profit.
Clearly the paper hasn't done much research into Selwyns or they would realise that Selwyns do very few service runs and when they do, they normally charge silly prices with the intention of not winning and it they win, it's a bonus (371/372 being handed back to CEC for retendering, 3/3A being lost and the buses then sold so clearly no intention of winning anything else). The issue is, if Merseytravel don't put out the tenders, no one will take on any work. That is what is all goes down to.

I will be interested to see if Selwyns eventually move some NX work to the depot with it being closer to Liverpool

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)