Current time: 23/04/2024, 15:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(01/03/2019 18:11)Brickmill Wrote:  I've checked a couple of written sources today and as far as I can see ECCC are the only subsidising authority. I also missed the reference to 300 being withdrawn. This is news to me!

Sorry, forgot to add that even if 30 was withdrawn it would be irrelevant as the designated Versas would pass back to TFGM as they own them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/03/2019 18:11)Brickmill Wrote:  I've checked a couple of written sources today and as far as I can see ECCC are the only subsidising authority. I also missed the reference to 300 being withdrawn. This is news to me!

The withdrawal of the 300 has been under consultation since January and it was decided that Stockport council would pull funding for it at end of March. Tesco at portwood kicked up a fuss, think they part fund it, and it's now today been suggested it might have been extended for another 12 months.
Perhaps discussion about the 300 service in Stockport and where MCT may or may not use new hybrid buses belongs in the MCT thread, rather than the Selwyns thread.
Can someone confirm if Selwyns are going to take over the 605 and S1 from Blacon to Chester schools. I know Selwyns have won a lot of Merseytravel contracts but there is word going around that Selwyns have taken all schools from Chester and Rock Ferry (despite the 605 and S1 being commercial routes)

Thanks
If they are commercial then Stagecoach would keep them and cant be forced to give them up.
(04/03/2019 20:50)motormayhem1 Wrote:  If they are commercial then Stagecoach would keep them and cant be forced to give them up.

Chester are withdrawing the services due to them not being financially viable to run, reports in the local paper say they have been running at a loss for a while

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(04/03/2019 22:06)chester285 Wrote:  Chester are withdrawing the services due to them not being financially viable to run, reports in the local paper say they have been running at a loss for a while
I won't say much but a local driver commented on the newspaper post saying how much money they make. They would make money if you charged less less (As more people would use the service. The S1 only picks up in Saughall. Blacon everyone gets the cheaper Chester day tickets and then uses the 53).

Whatever decision Stagecoach came to is somewhat irrelevant. I am more wondering if there was a deal between Selwyns and Stagecoach to take the schools on or does Selwyns have plans to commercially introduce these school buses.
Could it not be the case that Cheshire Council are now funding these services and Selwyns have won the contracts?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Possibly but the cancellation only went through a few days ago. It's a bit quick for anyone to put out a contract
Operators do tell the Council before they tell the TC a lot of the time

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)