Current time: 25/04/2024, 02:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(21/02/2019 09:59)Mayneway Wrote:  As Knutstransport has said it still serves a large section of GM before crossing into Cheshire. No doubt these will be used on other 100% GM area services when the 391/2 isn't running so don't see what the issue is.

Yes, but the vast majority of the GM bit is covered by the frequent (!) 192 and 199. The only possible justification for TFGM involvement would be a short section of Woodford Road to get to Stepping Hill or connect with said 192. Its not a "big deal" as such, but you know what the anti-bus lobbies are like - they baulk at every penny spent on bus passengers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/02/2019 16:58)Brickmill Wrote:  Yes, but the vast majority of the GM bit is covered by the frequent (!) 192 and 199. The only possible justification for TFGM involvement would be a short section of Woodford Road to get to Stepping Hill or connect with said 192. Its not a "big deal" as such, but you know what the anti-bus lobbies are like - they baulk at every penny spent on bus passengers.

I actually agree with you and to be honest when I've been on other Stockport services around Stockport/stepping hill I very rarely see anyone using the 391/392 but it must carry some punters otherwise it would have been scrapped surly??
(22/02/2019 05:49)Mayneway Wrote:  I actually agree with you and to be honest when I've been on other Stockport services around Stockport/stepping hill I very rarely see anyone using the 391/392 but it must carry some punters otherwise it would have been scrapped surly??

I assume the demand for Cheshire East residents to get to Stockport justifies the cost of running beyond Stepping Hill.
(22/02/2019 08:11)Brickmill Wrote:  I assume the demand for Cheshire East residents to get to Stockport justifies the cost of running beyond Stepping Hill.

There was a plan to make the route Hazel Grove to Macclesfield but it got a lot of objections (possibly from ENCTS holders who don't want to buy a train ticket to get to Stockport.)
(22/02/2019 12:56)knutstransport Wrote:  There was a plan to make the route Hazel Grove to Macclesfield but it got a lot of objections (possibly from ENCTS holders who don't want to buy a train ticket to get to Stockport.)

I sincerely hope that is NOT the reason. With an absolute minimum of 8 direct buses per hour (14 from Stepping Hill) that would be the most reprehensible reason for paying for what amounts to a 3rd off peak bus.
Star RE: Selwyns
Don't know about today, but I saw the E200MMC was back on 129 in Middleton yesterday
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Good to see MCT expanding & growing their business some more. I just hope they smarten up their fleet considerably as a lot of their buses have very scruffy bodywork & I've seen them running about filthy like they haven't been even washed for like a week!
(23/02/2019 09:13)33109 Wrote:  Good to see MCT expanding & growing their business some more. I just hope they smarten up their fleet considerably as a lot of their buses have very scruffy bodywork & I've seen them running about filthy like they haven't been even washed for like a week!

They do try to be fair. Contrary to belief the buses get cleaned every night internally and get a quick wash every morning as they leave the depot but the big problem is space. Ideally if there was the space a proper bus wash would be installed and each bus would washed after use each day.

Body work is an issue, it's just difficult to take buses off the road for days/weeks to tidy body work when there's no suitable spares to cover its absence.
I've had the most tired looking bus today Dart DK56LWJ which cosmetically apauling and I honestly don't know why it's been left the way it has but comfort and drive wise I'd rather drive that than one of the horrid bouncy tfgm hybrids.

https://flic.kr/p/2cV53dp
I've seen DK56 LWJ a few times & the bodywork ain't horrific, there's other buses of theirs that have got scraped & dented panels all over them. 1 of the optares I was on internally you could touch a window & be left with black dust on your hands.

Still I wish MCT the best, they're a reasonably small outfit but do seem to be making a concerted effort to grow the business & smarten things up.
It has been reported that Selwyn's have won a large contract to supply schools' work on the Wirral and that they have purchased Avon's yard in which to store the necessary vehicles. How many spare deckers does Selwyn's currently have and how many will be required for this operation?

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)