Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
Both routes to Crewe this evening were Harry Shaw coaches, YN16UAE in fleet livery and YN15EKX in "Reaseheath in partnership with Harry Shaw" white, working what was a Mikro DD job, so unless anyone knows different I assume Buses is wrong and Shaw is subcontracting the former Al's and possibly other work to Selwyns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Afternoon All,

Just wondered how do people think selwyns are doing so far with the stockport 391/392 route???

Personally meself I think they're doing a brilliant job. There's been a bit of late running but that can't really be helped as getting through hazel grove & poynton is a sod at times!

The mini optare solos are good too, seats are a bit in the hard side & the heaters are a bit weak but apart from that can't moan. The enviro 200 they've got has had some problems lately not sure why. All in all, selwyns seem well liked, very helpful friendly drivers & at £5 for a day saver you can't go far wrong.
(15/12/2018 12:44)33109 Wrote:  Afternoon All,

Just wondered how do people think selwyns are doing so far with the stockport 391/392 route???

Personally meself I think they're doing a brilliant job. There's been a bit of late running but that can't really be helped as getting through hazel grove & poynton is a sod at times!

The mini optare solos are good too, seats are a bit in the hard side & the heaters are a bit weak but apart from that can't moan. The enviro 200 they've got has had some problems lately not sure why. All in all, selwyns seem well liked, very helpful friendly drivers & at £5 for a day saver you can't go far wrong.

They seem to struggle on the other side of Manchester (Middleton) and the 129 often suffers with breakdowns and it's quite common now to see deckers being used because the regular vehicle has failed or is off the road, having said that they wer using MMC Enviro200 SK68LZO last week, devoid of any fleet names its hard to say whether it's been acquired or is on loan.
The biggest bus they can use on the stockport duties is the enviro 200.

Anything else wouldn't fit round pott shrigley kerridge & higher poynton, too twisty & tight for bigger buses. Anyone know on the mini solos they're using is the heater in a vent low down on the dash somewhere? Seems a bit weak leaving the bus a bit cold at times.
(16/12/2018 15:34)33109 Wrote:  The biggest bus they can use on the stockport duties is the enviro 200.

Anything else wouldn't fit round pott shrigley kerridge & higher poynton, too twisty & tight for bigger buses. Anyone know on the mini solos they're using is the heater in a vent low down on the dash somewhere? Seems a bit weak leaving the bus a bit cold at times.

That's not the case. High Peak ran Optare Versa 780 on a 1/11/392 circuit on 20 October 2017 without issue. There is however a height restriction (low bridge) in Bollington, that precludes double decks, unfortunately.
Yes I'd quite forgot that!

The 391/392 doesn't warrant a double decker as it only ever loads to about 20-30 people max per trip.
(17/12/2018 16:59)33109 Wrote:  The 391/392 doesn't warrant a double decker as it only ever loads to about 20-30 people max per trip.

It might not warrant a double decker but if the operator has some sat around spare and there's a break down then it makes their job easier if a double decker can be used.
Shearings/Timeline used to send Alexander Belfast bodied Tigers on the 392 years ago so I'm sure it could take bigger buses if needed.
dca529x - regards the low bridge I assume your meaning the canal bridge on grimshaw lane?

Thought deckers would get under that as artic wagons go through all the time without issue.
(17/12/2018 18:39)33109 Wrote:  dca529x - regards the low bridge I assume your meaning the canal bridge on grimshaw lane?

Thought deckers would get under that as artic wagons go through all the time without issue.

The Grimshaw Lane bridge is marked at 11', so a definite no no for deckers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)