Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
Solo YJ12 GZL had issues today. From the stain on the bus station at macclesfield it looks to have had a fairly big fuel leak. Was seen been towed off by a wrecker at 18:41.

What solos have selwyns got? The 391&392 seem to always use the YJ12 GZxxxx series solos & YJ59NNC also regularly works the stockport duties.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ex Go-ahead WVL219 LX06DZB is at Manchester depot. Single door converted still on old livery. Presumably here for repaint and entry to service/schools work
A lot of new arrivals in Runcorn depot in shape of 68 plate single and tri-axle Scania higers for use in Raesheath college
https://www.reaseheath.ac.uk/reaseheaths...-in-style/
;
says Harry Shaw has the contract, although it is undated, so perhaps it was when Baker's collapsed.
(01/10/2018 10:39)mikestone Wrote:  https://www.reaseheath.ac.uk/reaseheaths...-in-style/
;
says Harry Shaw has the contract, although it is undated, so perhaps it was when Baker's collapsed.

I don't know where Harry Shaw are based but maybe Selwyn's has very high spec coaches and they are sub contracting routes to Selwyns.
(01/10/2018 11:27)iMarkeh Wrote:  I don't know where Harry Shaw are based but maybe Selwyn's has very high spec coaches and they are sub contracting routes to Selwyns.

Harry Shaw are a long-established Coventry operator, but also have a base in Stoke-on-Trent.
(01/10/2018 14:24)EDB325 Wrote:  Harry Shaw are a long-established Coventry operator, but also have a base in Stoke-on-Trent.
In that case, it may be better for dead millage and cheaper to sub contract to Selwyns. Liscard, Port Sunlight, Ruthin, Chester, Eport are all a long way from Stoke on Trent. Surely all these routes would be cheaper to subcontract separately unless there is an operator like GHA with loads of depots everywhere.
I don't have any doubt that one operator sub-contracts all the others, Harry Shaw becoming involved when Baker ceased and opening a depot in the Potteries. Around that time I photographed all departures one night, I think posted on here.
;
Question is who has the contract with the college.
(01/10/2018 11:27)iMarkeh Wrote:  I don't know where Harry Shaw are based but maybe Selwyn's has very high spec coaches and they are sub contracting routes to Selwyns.

All operating on 68reg Scania Higer single and tri-axle vehicles.
Pats Coaches of Wrexham has received a new Scania K360IB4 Touring YT68GWW and has been photographed with a paper in the window showing Reaseheath Route 5, so I guess that Harry Shaw are subcontracting some work to other operators

Pats Coaches Reaseheath

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)