Current time: 28/03/2024, 17:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West - FLEETNEWS ONLY - NO STRIKE TALK!
Can we just clarify something for somebody that seems obsessed with the idea that Go Ahead are using disks from other Go Ahead groups and the use of agency drivers.
Outside contractors have been contracted from day one of the industrial action to operate on some GNW routes. They offered flat fares as most buses had no ticket machines etc.
To coincide with the flat fares being dropped vehicles have been hired out to some of these contractors with ticket machines so they can offer a full range of GNW tickets. GNW Legals and ops disks have been removed from each vehicle and the contractors are operating on their own disks and legals. If these contractors are using agency drivers that’s down to them and not GNW.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/04/2021 20:27)M60lad Wrote:  How true is it that Selwyns have used a Go Northwest B9 on the 44? Surely Selwyns could be in bother if this is true.

Why?? It does 44’s, finishes in Manchester, drives dead to shudehill and does evening 18’s.
Don’t forget they are hiring the vehicles so regardless of livery etc it’s a Selwyns bus with Selwyns ops disk and legals, they can use it where they want.
Can I remind everyone that this thread is purely for fleet news - nothing relating to the strike. That goes with various posts above regarding agency drivers and what not. Any further posts on this matter may well lead to this thread being closed.
Atlantic Travel also appear to have some vehicles on loan. At least one Enviro200 is currently visible in the yard
I think leasing the veichles out makes sense as it makes the routes look more normal with GNW own brand being back out and on the maintenance side when veichles are parked up for large amounts of time and not being used can cause more harm than good.
Parked up for long periods can cause battery problems , musty smells on board especially with the warm sunny weather lately etc .
The only thing I would be concerned about is maintenance as are they having to keep the maintenance standards up to high expectations or run them round in the state of some of the smaller operators standards.
And are the buses that are being leased out having GNW ticket machines staying on the veichles so that the full range of GNW tickets can be sold?
Not that they would but considering Selwyns have already used a Go Northwest vehicle on one of their services I wonder whether Atlantic will try and use one of the Go Northwest vehicles on any Rail Replacements they operate.
(21/04/2021 05:54)M60lad Wrote:  Not that they would but considering Selwyns have already used a Go Northwest vehicle on one of their services I wonder whether Atlantic will try and use one of the Go Northwest vehicles on any Rail Replacements they operate.

They have hired the vehicles so they can use them how they want.
(21/04/2021 08:55)Mayneway Wrote:  They have hired the vehicles so they can use them how they want.

Is it a case of being hired or borrowed, for want of a better word. GNW has been paying these operators to run the service, but hiring buses would mean the operators are paying GNW. Makes me wonder what cost is deferred to run the service with the loan of a bus for it.
(21/04/2021 08:58)Solo40336 Wrote:  Is it a case of being hired or borrowed, for want of a better word. GNW has been paying these operators to run the service, but hiring buses would mean the operators are paying GNW. Makes me wonder what cost is deferred to run the service with the loan of a bus for it.

They are hired apparently. I’d imagine a new price to operate a service using GNW vehicles has been arranged.
Last night a GNW B9 failed with Selwyns on the 18. It was replaced with a coach even though it would have been quicker to send a replacement from Queens Road.
Not sure who’s doing the 100 with the B5 Hybrids, think it’s Harris/B&N but they are being stored in a car park where Collyhurst police station was.
(21/04/2021 15:08)Mayneway Wrote:  They are hired apparently. I’d imagine a new price to operate a service using GNW vehicles has been arranged.
Last night a GNW B9 failed with Selwyns on the 18. It was replaced with a coach even though it would have been quicker to send a replacement from Queens Road.
Not sure who’s doing the 100 with the B5 Hybrids, think it’s Harris/B&N but they are being stored in a car park where Collyhurst police station was.

100 with the B5s is Rothbury Motors, based in Alnwick.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)