Current time: 19/04/2024, 22:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West - FLEETNEWS ONLY - NO STRIKE TALK!
B&N was using a Orbit on the 67 on Sunday with all Legals changed to be B&N. Looks like they hired the buses to others and also means they can use agency drivers with GNW buses with so long it it not a Go ahead.North West licence discs and Legals on the bus. So to get round rules of not using agency drivers as strike breakers. they can use other go ahead op disks . I can't confirm they have used any agency drivers on other Go Ahead discs or plan too do this but there no reason that cant happen if they are now using the buses over fully using other companies to cover. I do know Go Ahead London uses other 3rd party depots and other Go ahead bses as outstations for Rail Replacement with own buses with 0hr drivers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/04/2021 00:47)Mrboo Wrote:  B&N was using a Orbit on the 67 on Sunday with all Legals changed to be B&N. Looks like they hired the buses to others and also means they can use agency drivers with GNW buses with so long it it not a Go ahead.North West licence discs and Legals on the bus. So to get round rules of not using agency drivers as strike breakers. they can use other go ahead op disks . I can't confirm they have used any agency drivers on other Go Ahead discs or plan too do this but there no reason that cant happen if they are now using the buses over fully using other companies to cover. I do know Go Ahead London uses other 3rd party depots and other Go ahead bses as outstations for Rail Replacement with own buses with 0hr drivers.

Why would the hired out buses be using other Go Ahead Opco Operators Licence discs? They will have the disc for whatever company they are hired to. Whatever company is using that vehicle at that moment in time must have theyre own Ops disc in, otherwise the entire practice of ops discs is pointless......
(19/04/2021 00:47)Mrboo Wrote:  B&N was using a Orbit on the 67 on Sunday with all Legals changed to be B&N. Looks like they hired the buses to others and also means they can use agency drivers with GNW buses with so long it it not a Go ahead.North West licence discs and Legals on the bus. So to get round rules of not using agency drivers as strike breakers. they can use other go ahead op disks . I can't confirm they have used any agency drivers on other Go Ahead discs or plan too do this but there no reason that cant happen if they are now using the buses over fully using other companies to cover. I do know Go Ahead London uses other 3rd party depots and other Go ahead bses as outstations for Rail Replacement with own buses with 0hr drivers.

Why are you obsessed with ops disks from other Go Ahead groups??
The outside companies are already covering the work so GNW have simply hired them their own vehicles to make things a little easier. It also means with Queens Road depot virtually empty they can crack on with the work on the roof without having to move buses out. If these companies choose to use temporary agency drivers that’s down to them not GNW.

Off topic but seen a comment from you over the weekend on a union Facebook page where you clearly use an outdated term to refer to workers who have worked despite the strike. In this day and age it’s really disappointing to see you use the term and I just wonder what your employers would make of it??
Just to spice things up Selwyns are using a GNW B9 on their 44.
(19/04/2021 02:50)Solo40336 Wrote:  Why would the hired out buses be using other Go Ahead Opco Operators Licence discs? They will have the disc for whatever company they are hired to. Whatever company is using that vehicle at that moment in time must have theyre own Ops disc in, otherwise the entire practice of ops discs is pointless......
They would have to be on hire to other bus company as you can`t use agency staff to drive any GNW bus running under GNW.
Looks like other company's buses are tracking as GNW
https://bustimes.org/operators/go-north-west/vehicles

I don't know how long they can run buses without open bus data
So this maybe a reason they are trying to get tacking on buses.
(19/04/2021 09:10)Mayneway Wrote:  Off topic but seen a comment from you over the weekend on a union Facebook page where you clearly use an outdated term to refer to workers who have worked despite the strike. In this day and age it’s really disappointing to see you use the term and I just wonder what your employers would make of it??

Absolutely agree. I think it might be worth having a look at Go Ahead's social media policy...

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(19/04/2021 14:05)Mrboo Wrote:  They would have to be on hire to other bus company as you can`t use agency staff to drive any GNW bus running under GNW.

Agency drivers have nothing to do with vehicle loans. For example Selwyns have hired the vehicle, Selwns will put there legal address and Ops disc in, then it will be staffed by selwyns drivers, if they decide to contract drivers in its nothing to do with Go Ahead.
(19/04/2021 13:56)Mayneway Wrote:  Just to spice things up Selwyns are using a GNW B9 on their 44.

That clears that up in my head! It passed me in baguley, and I assumed it was perhaps positioning for the 41 (it had a paper sign in the window which I thought said 44, but disregarded it forgetting they’d taken it over).
How true is it that Selwyns have used a Go Northwest B9 on the 44? Surely Selwyns could be in bother if this is true.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)