Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West - FLEETNEWS ONLY - NO STRIKE TALK!
Also noticed yesterday was Dynamo Volvo B5LH 3001 out operating on Freebus 2, seems this is another recent addition to the Go Northwest fleet that's back out in service since the strike started.

According to Bus-Times it was last out in service 27 February then didnt return to service until last Friday 2 April.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Are there specific routes subcontracted to specific operators, or are contributions by Selwyns, Tyrers etc mixed between routes?
(11/04/2021 17:34)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Are there specific routes subcontracted to specific operators, or are contributions by Selwyns, Tyrers etc mixed between routes?

Not 100% sure how it works. Originally it seemed like operators were doing specific routes. Selwyns were doing the 18 and the 33. But I’m wondering if some work is given to one operator and they sub it out.

I’m told from tomorrow GNW will be operating around 60% of 52’s and next week some 17’s and 135’s should be Back as well.
It does seem that Go Northwest are operating more and more services now for example on Saturday just gone I noticed one of their B9s leaving Bury on a 98 service and this was during the day so not actually a peak extra which is what they've been operating recently.

Also for anyone who's interested Edwards Coaches seem to be renting space at the side of Lancashire Cricket Club on Great Stone Road, quite a number of coaches were seen parked up there on Saturday night when I went past on Metrolink Replacement from Altrincham.
5001 and 5002 out today operating on the 129 and 415, with GNW showing off 5002 on their Twitter page earlier. Also looks like the introduction of the 17B has been suspended, presumably until the strike ends.

https://twitter.com/gnwbus/status/1381631643899805697
(12/04/2021 17:43)SF07 Wrote:  5001 and 5002 out today operating on the 129 and 415, with GNW showing off 5002 on their Twitter page earlier. Also looks like the introduction of the 17B has been suspended, presumably until the strike ends.

https://twitter.com/gnwbus/status/1381631643899805697

I’m pretty surprised the X63 hasn’t re-started today given the easing of lockdown.
5001 and 5002 are not ok for ULEZ so are they planning on replacing them or fitting mod to them before the new Manchester zone starts.
(12/04/2021 23:47)Mrboo Wrote:  5001 and 5002 are not ok for ULEZ so are they planning on replacing them or fitting mod to them before the new Manchester zone starts.

Weren’t they retrofitted before entering service?
(12/04/2021 23:51)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Weren’t they retrofitted before entering service?

I would indigene they were I believe the Citaros were.
Anyone looking out for Middleton minis today I have seen the following.

5001 - Driver training. Seen on 415 route
5002/5003 - on 415/129

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)