Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
I believe it is CN07 KZM.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/10/2021 18:56)knutstransport Wrote:  Apparently they have demonstrator LJ68 CYO on loan.

Could this be on trial for a possible bid for the park and ride

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(08/12/2023 22:16)chester285 Wrote:  Could this be on trial for a possible bid for the park and ride

That post was from over 2 years ago
ADL Enviro200 YY67USP is now for sale in Ensign bus
Noted in Crosby yesterday was ex-Metroline London TE986 (LK59 DZL), it seems to have been bought by Aintree because it has Aintree Coachlines' legals in the window
Coming up are some changes to the Aintree Coachlines/Helms network it seems. Registrations have gone in for timetable changes to the 40 and 41. The 272 is cancelled from 31st March as well.

It seems that the new timetables are on Traveline which is good to see
The tourist scam, Sorry, route 40, will now run 7am-7pm Mon-Sat, every 15 minutes, with a reduced frequency 3-4pm. Interesting that they are expanding the service considering that they can't even run the current service, plenty of instances of buses not turning up. Traffic Commissioner would have a field day if they did reliability checks.

Route 41 sees the 07:33 from Waverton, 17:15 and 18:15 from Chester withdrawn

Rotue 272 being withdrawn is hardly a shock, always found it bizzare that there is a refusal to merge the 272 into the school services, huge missed opportunity for increasing profit and enabling cross subsidy.
(24/01/2024 19:24)iMarkeh Wrote:  Rotue 272 being withdrawn is hardly a shock, always found it bizzare that there is a refusal to merge the 272 into the school services, huge missed opportunity for increasing profit and enabling cross subsidy.

The 272 has been cut back so much over the past 15 years or so I am surprised it has lasted this long - originally it ran between Arrowe Park Hospital and Hooton Station if i remember rightly, eventually extended to Ellesmere Port to replace the withdrawal of Arrivas 59, cut back to run between just Neston and Ellesmere Port - no weekend services I dont think, infrequent service and very unreliable. I seem to recall it was briefly extended to Cheshire Oaks for a while (Saturday only?) but that didn't last long. At one point there was even a Merseytravel tendered evening (and sunday?) version ran by Eazibus between Arrowe Park and Heswall.

Seems a big shame that Ellesmere Port to Neston cant have a decent bus service between them!
(25/01/2024 00:06)L401CJF Wrote:  The 272 has been cut back so much over the past 15 years or so I am surprised it has lasted this long - originally it ran between Arrowe Park Hospital and Hooton Station if i remember rightly, eventually extended to Ellesmere Port to replace the withdrawal of Arrivas 59, cut back to run between just Neston and Ellesmere Port - no weekend services I dont think, infrequent service and very unreliable. I seem to recall it was briefly extended to Cheshire Oaks for a while (Saturday only?) but that didn't last long. At one point there was even a Merseytravel tendered evening (and sunday?) version ran by Eazibus between Arrowe Park and Heswall.

Seems a big shame that Ellesmere Port to Neston cant have a decent bus service between them!
You'd expect there to be decent patronage given the school flows in both directions Aldis big warehouse. Historical links. All linking into Hooton station etc. I don't think Helms are bothered though. EPort College used to run a bus to follow the 272 for its students and Helms have the school buses follow the 272 route.

I get the feeling that CWAC may replace the 272 with a new route serving Ledsham development as there is loads of developer funding available there which is meant to fund improved buses.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)