Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West Possible Jan/Feb Fleet Movement
RE: Possible Jan/Feb Fleet Movement
Would it be possible to add Arriva to the title of the thread please mods? Just to save any confusion as I clicked on the thread thinking it maybe First Manchester as they used to do depot moves in January for example.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva North West Possible Jan/Feb Fleet Movement
Hi all,

As more B7TL's are being scrapped and more cadets etc, I was wondering what will replace these buses. I was looking through the ANW facebook group and apparently there was a rumour that Arriva London hybrids will get put into Liverpool. Apparently these units would be HV1 - HV152.

Is this true at all?
A rumor i have heard is The Cadets & Commanders currently Based at Bolton will be swapped with some Pulsars from Winsford.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/02/2021 11:00)B7TL2907 Wrote:  Hi all,

As more B7TL's are being scrapped and more cadets etc, I was wondering what will replace these buses. I was looking through the ANW Facebook group and apparently there was a rumour that Arriva London hybrids will get put into Liverpool. Apparently these units would be HV1 - HV152.

Is this true at all?

There is a clear need for fleet replacement as a large proportion of the ANNW fleet is or will soon exceed the 15-year age limit and, as Arriva apparently still has a moratorium on the acquisition of new fleet for the provinces, it would seem plausible for the 09/60/11-plate HVs to be moved north. Time will tell.
Southport is set to lose 2990/1/2 and 3033 to 3038 to St. Helens.
In return 2977 to 2980, 2982 to 2985 and 3012/3/4 in return (2978 has been at CR on loan since last Sept). 3 of these are to replace 2631/3/4 which have gone to Birkenhead. As previously posted on here 4414 is due to replace 4101.
Bootle have acquired Runcorn's 2537 (Poppy Bus), 2538, and Connextions 2540, however the sole Commander that remained at Bootle, 2585 is now apparently at Wythenshawe.
As far as I know the three Cadets at Bootle are for storage only.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(01/02/2021 19:18)CX06 EBK Wrote:  As far as I know the three Cadets at Bootle are for storage only.

Is there any reason they just get parked up and stored as opposed to being kept in use? (Assuming they still have MOT and inspection)
Several of the 55 plate Cadets are going into the Pool fleet.
(01/02/2021 19:59)B10B6514 Wrote:  Several of the 55 plate Cadets are going into the Pool fleet.

They are, but if they're now pool buses don't they normally tend to be spread around other depots for further use until withdrawal as opposed to just being parked up? Unless there's something wrong with them surely its better to keep them in use so they can be used when needed?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)