Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Get me there and Contactless card payment
RE: Get me there and Contactless card payment
(14/01/2021 13:13)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Is it the same group of lads all the time?

Well in total there could be anything upto around 10 - 20 of them , they act like they dont know each other but once one card works they all use the same card to buy the weekly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/01/2021 14:33)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Well in total there could be anything upto around 10 - 20 of them , they act like they dont know each other but once one card works they all use the same card to buy the weekly.

You’d think they’d at least play a bit smarter than that. So I’m guessing they’re just getting as many cards as they can get their hands on and using them until they become blacklisted?
(14/01/2021 13:12)Mrboo Wrote:  And when that happens you hit the hidden radio button as soon as safe

For what reason?? It’s not down to drivers to police the use of contactless payments. It’s a serious organised crime and it’s being investigated nothing to do with what you’ve opened the thread with.
(14/01/2021 14:55)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  You’d think they’d at least play a bit smarter than that. So I’m guessing they’re just getting as many cards as they can get their hands on and using them until they become blacklisted?

They don’t use them, they sell them for cash for a fraction of there actual value.
(14/01/2021 17:43)Mayneway Wrote:  They don’t use them, they sell them for cash for a fraction of there actual value.

The things people will do for money.

P.S By my above comment, I mean as many contactless cards, as they could probably use a new one once each time before they're blacklisted.
(14/01/2021 17:42)Mayneway Wrote:  For what reason?? It’s not down to drivers to police the use of contactless payments. It’s a serious organised crime and it’s being investigated nothing to do with what you’ve opened the thread with.

Yes it is as it part of the terms of taking cards is they end user has to play there part to stop chargebacks. if they can show they doing their best they don't get chargeback fees. But if it happening with drivers who know who doing it but dont want the hassle that is a issue. or say more then 1 time happens within a short time with driver the driver is not picking up them trying many cards as they can ask to check name on card and to sign to see if same as back also as part of paying by card until they sort it. even with Contactless you can do a Check with the signature before issue
So what you are saying is a lone bus driver with little or no back up has to challenge a group of criminals? A situation which could rapidly become violent.

(15/01/2021 03:43)Mrboo Wrote:  Yes it is as it part of the terms of taking cards is they end user has to play there part to stop chargebacks. if they can show they doing their best they don't get chargeback fees. But if it happening with drivers who know who doing it but dont want the hassle that is a issue. or say more then 1 time happens within a short time with driver the driver is not picking up them trying many cards as they can ask to check name on card and to sign to see if same as back also as part of paying by card until they sort it. even with Contactless you can do a Check with the signature before issue

Works for me
(15/01/2021 09:05)Rick Hunter Wrote:  So what you are saying is a lone bus driver with little or no back up has to challenge a group of criminals? A situation which could rapidly become violent.

That reason they have hidden alarms it can even be button on ticketer added to flag a issue like this so it can flag a Sos and drivers can just wave someone on and blame the ETM. So would the driver allow someone not to pay? Or hand over their money if someone asked. No they would put up a fight but some see a card payment as not their money.

So there 2 sides to this now means drivers will be back to carrying money then it going to card only payment on buses as the way we are going we are not going back to taking cash on buses and giving out change.

I can see them going to a system of using a bank card over a get me there card. and TFGM using there own ETM on buses in Manchester as the first stage of them taking over.

Drivers are far safer if it card only on a bus.
(15/01/2021 03:43)Mrboo Wrote:  Yes it is as it part of the terms of taking cards is they end user has to play there part to stop chargebacks. if they can show they doing their best they don't get chargeback fees. But if it happening with drivers who know who doing it but dont want the hassle that is a issue. or say more then 1 time happens within a short time with driver the driver is not picking up them trying many cards as they can ask to check name on card and to sign to see if same as back also as part of paying by card until they sort it. even with Contactless you can do a Check with the signature before issue

You are talking absolute rubbish. There is no obligation for any card holder to show a bus driver or shop assistant or anyone else their card. Every post you have made on this thread has been nonsense including your opening post where you claim it’s nothing to do with fraud and is a stunt by operators to push there own tickets.
Here’s an idea..... pass your PCV licence and come and join us uncaring drivers and you can unearth all the fraudulent pass buyers and put us all to shame
As a driver albeit Merseyside not Gm, its not my job to check names on cards, read dates on passes, or tackle fraud. We are told not to confront passengers and that its the job of inspectors to tackle fare evasion, and anything else gets handled by the police. We have the option to put in a travelsafe report if we suspect fare evasion, fraud etc, but can I be bothered to fill in a form on my break or after my shift? Absolutely not. I drive the bus, if the machine accepts your card/pass you travel, if it doesn't you pay or get off - but I'm not going to argue over it. If you have a paper ticket, I don't care what it says on it, thats for the revenue to tackle not me.

No driver in their right mind would bother getting involved with a known group of criminals, and neither should they be expected to. We are paid to sell tickets and drive , not to work as police officers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)