Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva's revamped website
Arriva's revamped website
It's horrific, seems you can no longer filter areas for timetables, maps & so on, maps don't seem to be available either, the old site wasn't that great but it was miles better than this monstrosity.Hammer

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva's revamped website
(25/08/2020 12:35)MTL0201 Wrote:  It's horrific, seems you can no longer filter areas for timetables, maps & so on, maps don't seem to be available either, the old site wasn't that great but it was miles better than this monstrosity.Hammer

I have to agree. It doesn't seem very user friendly. I assume they've done their research and most people just visit the website to plan a journey. Things just don't sit right on the screen. Hopefully they'll improve things over time. The lack of local upcoming service changes is also worrying.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I've just looked at it and have to agree with the previous two comments in that it is not an improvement on the previous site. The My Location defaults to a stop that is some distance from where I live and for routes that I rarely use. Also, the live map limits viewing to a radius of about a mile so does not allow you to see where buses are until they are almost at your stop. I hope the new app isn't as disappointing
By far one of the biggest annoyances is the timetable format is still 1/10/100 to 109 then 10A, rather than 1/2/3 ecc

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(25/08/2020 14:36)Barney Wrote:  I've just looked at it and have to agree with the previous two comments in that it is not an improvement on the previous site. The My Location defaults to a stop that is some distance from where I live and for routes that I rarely use. Also, the live map limits viewing to a radius of about a mile so does not allow you to see where buses are until they are almost at your stop. I hope the new app isn't as disappointing
The app isn't much better. I've downloaded it and while it's good that the journey planner and mobile tickets have been combined but the live map isn't very good. You click on a bus and it focusses too much on it and it shows off the route. When you click 'timetables' and select a route, you can't see a timetable unless you download it and no buses show up on the map so it's not great.

I am still seeing 'next bus' showing up for the G3 which was discontinued a good few months ago and the Blacon 'next bus' is showing up a mix of timetables rather than the actual timetable (the pre Covid and the temporary timetable).

For the website, it's dire. Genuinely can't put it into words how bad it is. I think it's further proof that Arriva don't care about their passengers and are intent on discouraging bus travel.
(25/08/2020 17:56)iMarkeh Wrote:  The app isn't much better. I've downloaded it and while it's good that the journey planner and mobile tickets have been combined but the live map isn't very good. You click on a bus and it focusses too much on it and it shows off the route. When you click 'timetables' and select a route, you can't see a timetable unless you download it and no buses show up on the map so it's not great.

I am still seeing 'next bus' showing up for the G3 which was discontinued a good few months ago and the Blacon 'next bus' is showing up a mix of timetables rather than the actual timetable (the pre Covid and the temporary timetable).

For the website, it's dire. Genuinely can't put it into words how bad it is. I think it's further proof that Arriva don't care about their passengers and are intent on discouraging bus travel.

This is the app I have been using on my Android phone and still appears to have the latest tracking data and being able to select bus times:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...oid.arriva

Is this the new app they have released as I haven't downloaded it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...arriva.bus

I've just had a look at the Timetables page on the website and I'm glad I haven't in the past been able to rely upon them (as I go straight to TfGM instead). Would anyone be able to advise on if the bustimes.org website is showing the new times?

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I have seen how we can find bus maps. If we look up Arriva in a specific town, it lists key routes there and gives us the option of downloading local maps. I have only tried a handful so by no means every town.

The one for Liverpool at least is out of date, as it still has route 50 continuing towards Runcorn and no route 82a.
(06/09/2020 16:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have seen how we can find bus maps. If we look up Arriva in a specific town, it lists key routes there and gives us the option of downloading local maps. I have only tried a handful so by no means every town.

The one for Liverpool at least is out of date, as it still has route 50 continuing towards Runcorn and no route 82a.
Arriva used to update their maps infrequently anyway. They might sort them next month as that will be 1 year after the Liverpool map was last published. I think the Halton map only got updated as an emergency as they had a lot of service changes in a short space of time.
Anyone tried searching for a number 4 service in Cheshire on the new site? It seems the site can't cope with two services having the same number so tries to make out Arriva run a service which runs from Northwich Watling Street to Victoria Infirmary to Barnton to Macclesfield to Upton Priory!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)