Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Speke Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(01/02/2021 21:38)The Falcon Wrote:  They can’t use the Click buses with exception of Speke Zone, 201 and Clatterbridge shuttle as these are specific contracts for click buses. Plus the click buses are being earmarked for relocation soon. At present they are being used for staff shuttles but that’s a short term solution. The buses were purchased for Click and will be used by Click as required and are technically on loan to North West

What will happen then to the mentioned services?

I can see the Speke Circular going back to a fixed timetable contract with HTL, given the (un)popularity of a technology dependent service with locals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/02/2021 01:44)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  What will happen then to the mentioned services?

I can see the Speke Circular going back to a fixed timetable contract with HTL, given the (un)popularity of a technology dependent service with locals.

The service is remaining a Click service so there are no plans to revert it back and. The locals use the service well even with the technology being an issue. The direct call to book helps out and the majority of residents prefer it over the old 211.

It was part of a trial which if deemed successful could convert other fixed tendered services into the same demand responsive service instead. The 12 month trial was extended due to Covid and will he further extended to ensure a realistic review can take place.

201 is contracted fo Arriva with the Click bus specified and this inter works with the DRT Speke Zone.

Clatterbridge contract also specified Click buses and will be for the duration of said contract.
(02/02/2021 18:37)The Falcon Wrote:  The service is remaining a Click service so there are no plans to revert it back and. The locals use the service well even with the technology being an issue. The direct call to book helps out and the majority of residents prefer it over the old 211.

It was part of a trial which if deemed successful could convert other fixed tendered services into the same demand responsive service instead. The 12 month trial was extended due to Covid and will he further extended to ensure a realistic review can take place.

201 is contracted fo Arriva with the Click bus specified and this inter works with the DRT Speke Zone.

Clatterbridge contract also specified Click buses and will be for the duration of said contract.

Thanks for that.

I am/was rather fond of the Click service.
Looking at Bustimes apparantly 2578 was on the 86 today but also showing 110 journeys and it appears someone thinks it was at Speke, is 2578 at Speke now or was it a case of machine swap/incorrect bus selected on ticket machine?

I also noticed earlier today that the rear advertisement board on 4115 was removed, I wonder if this is becoming a tradition at the minute since not many advertisements can be displayed in light of the current lockdown.
(15/02/2021 23:37)NathanR Wrote:  Looking at Bustimes apparantly 2578 was on the 86 today but also showing 110 journeys and it appears someone thinks it was at Speke, is 2578 at Speke now or was it a case of machine swap/incorrect bus selected on ticket machine?

I also noticed earlier today that the rear advertisement board on 4115 was removed, I wonder if this is becoming a tradition at the minute since not many advertisements can be displayed in light of the current lockdown.

2578 is still at Runcorn as it has been on the 2's on Tuesday, yesterday & today.
In what seems like a rarity lately, all three branded Gemini 2s are on the 500 today.
Admittedly it’s certainly not a priority at present, but are there any talks of/plans to reintroduce on-board announcements in the future? Ever since September 2018 those screens have been stuck on “Press the bell and wait until the bus come [sic] to a complete stop.”
The 786 (South Parkway to Halewood Academy) is now tracking on Bustimes
(07/03/2021 20:52)NathanR Wrote:  The 786 (South Parkway to Halewood Academy) is now tracking on Bustimes

Is this now back with Arriva?

Previously this tracked with Maghull Coaches as S786.
(07/03/2021 21:35)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Is this now back with Arriva?

Previously this tracked with Maghull Coaches as S786.

No idea, I usually see something from Maghull come up on Queens Drive in Clubmoor but haven't seen one since leaving self-isolation. I've seen the Omnicity on the East Lancs and I can't tell if i saw a Gemini on Queens Drive recently.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)