Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester Service Changes
(05/08/2022 15:56)knutstransport Wrote:  Does it reduce the number of vehicles required?

Maybe the choice was truncate the service or reduce the frequency?

As a driver on a competing service iv noticed loadings are pretty poor on the 8 coming in & out of Manchester so the new terminus I would guess is reducing the number of vehicles required
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/08/2022 22:03)Michael Wrote:  As a driver on a competing service iv noticed loadings are pretty poor on the 8 coming in & out of Manchester so the new terminus I would guess is reducing the number of vehicles required

I see a lot of 8’s leaving shudehill with good loads on but it’s far too frequent. There’s always 2 buses on the stand at the same time.
Anybody know what's happening to the first 81/181/182 at the end of october
(10/09/2022 13:27)Michael Wrote:  Anybody know what's happening to the first 81/181/182 at the end of october

I think First will be continuing to run the services on behalf of TfGM.

There will be some changes to operators on some routes from the end of October.
  • 6 Rochdale-Kirkholt: Go North West takes over from First
  • 11A Stockport-Altrincham: Diamond takes over from Stagecoach
  • 150 Gorton-Trafford Centre: Diamond takes over from Stagecoach
  • 480 Bolton-Bury: Vision takes over from Rosso
  • X50 Trafford Centre-Manchester: Diamond takes over from Stagecoach

Services 108, X58 and X84 are withdrawn. Current operators retained on services 1/2 (Wigan), 7 (Stockport-Ashton), 34 (Leigh-Mcr), 56, 81, 180, 181/182, 237, 313, 322, 328, 378/379, 511, 597, 635 and R3. Service 358 will continue but operator not confirmed yet.

Services 59 and 250 will see weekday timetables reduced to every 12 minutes. Service 256 will see Monday-Saturday daytime service reduced to every 15 minutes, as will services 3/4 in Wigan on Saturdays. One journey on the 253 will be withdrawn.

Services 191/197 are re-timed with some early morning journeys withdrawn, as will the 23. Service 147 is reduced to every 20 minutes. Some early morning journeys on services 464 and 467/468 are re-instated/added. Service 10 (Manchester) retains its Sunday daytime frequency of every 20 minutes.

Finally, service 8 will terminate at St Mary's Gate as planned, with service essentially running a circular route in/out of Manchester city centre via John Dalton Street, Cross Street, St Marys Gate and Deansgate.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/oc...ce-changes
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...s-24959023
(10/09/2022 15:37)SF07 Wrote:  I think First will be continuing to run the services on behalf of TfGM.

There will be some changes to operators on some routes from the end of October.
  • 6 Rochdale-Kirkholt: Go North West takes over from First
  • 11A Stockport-Altrincham: Diamond takes over from Stagecoach
  • 150 Gorton-Trafford Centre: Diamond takes over from Stagecoach
  • 480 Bolton-Bury: Vision takes over from Rosso
  • X50 Trafford Centre-Manchester: Diamond takes over from Stagecoach

Services 108, X58 and X84 are withdrawn. Current operators retained on services 1/2 (Wigan), 7 (Stockport-Ashton), 34 (Leigh-Mcr), 56, 81, 180, 181/182, 237, 313, 322, 328, 378/379, 511, 597, 635 and R3. Service 358 will continue but operator not confirmed yet.

Services 59 and 250 will see weekday timetables reduced to every 12 minutes. Service 256 will see Monday-Saturday daytime service reduced to every 15 minutes, as will services 3/4 in Wigan on Saturdays. One journey on the 253 will be withdrawn.

Services 191/197 are re-timed with some early morning journeys withdrawn, as will the 23. Service 147 is reduced to every 20 minutes. Some early morning journeys on services 464 and 467/468 are re-instated/added. Service 10 (Manchester) retains its Sunday daytime frequency of every 20 minutes.

Finally, service 8 will terminate at St Mary's Gate as planned, with service essentially running a circular route in/out of Manchester city centre via John Dalton Street, Cross Street, St Marys Gate and Deansgate.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/oc...ce-changes
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...s-24959023

Current operators retained on services 1/2 (Wigan) < what that mean?.....mean stagecoach stay my route 1/2 correct?

Thank you.
Martyn
Slight correction is that Vision have already took over 480 from Rosso, they started operating it from last Monday.

Other news regarding the changes is that is seems that Stagecoach have started winding down their operations on 150 as from the past week a number of Enviro200s have been transferred in to Sharston from Stockport to operate the service until the change date.
(10/09/2022 21:06)M60lad Wrote:  Slight correction is that Vision have already took over 480 from Rosso, they started operating it from last Monday.

Other news regarding the changes is that is seems that Stagecoach have started winding down their operations on 150 as from the past week a number of Enviro200s have been transferred in to Sharston from Stockport to operate the service until the change date.

Sharston are short of vehicles due to a shortage of engineering staff. My mates a fitter there and the Enviro200’s are on short term loan. They are used on other Sharston routes and are not specifically allocated to 150s.
With regards to the 358. High peak apparently put in a slightly better price to operate it than stagecoach, however High peak are critically short of drivers, one of the reasons the evening 199’s got curtailed, so TFGM are not to keen to award them the contract but apparently DCC are. I can see it being split.
So, Diamond will have a slightly stronger presence in south Manchester again. I think their cutbacks in Bolton/Wigan will free drivers, or reduce driver shortages, enabling this extra work to be taken on.
(11/09/2022 06:47)Metroline1511 Wrote:  So, Diamond will have a slightly stronger presence in south Manchester again. I think their cutbacks in Bolton/Wigan will free drivers, or reduce driver shortages, enabling this extra work to be taken on.

How will it reduce driver shortages?? They are another operator crippled by driver shortages and are currently using an agency to try and boost numbers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)