Current time: 18/04/2024, 20:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Service Changes
RE: Greater Manchester service changes
(05/09/2020 04:57)M60lad Wrote:  Won't the Traffic Commisioner have something to say about Northwestern(GB Coaches) suddenly stopping operating their 236 route? I know its been registered commercialy but the route is meant to run surely unless they've let the Traffic Commisioner know.
If they are about to go under don`t think they care I know I would not and I don`t see Traffic Commisioner taking action if they ran out of money due to covert 19.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/09/2020 23:30)33109 Wrote:  Not surprising that arriva are dropping the 484 eccles - prestwich.

It's a long route that & it doesn't seem to attract many punters.

Arriva are not "Dropping" the 484, Its a contracted Service which is being Withdrawn and part replaced by the 66.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/09/2020 04:59)Mrboo Wrote:  If they are about to go under don`t think they care I know I would not and I don`t see Traffic Commisioner taking action if they ran out of money due to covert 19.

A stipulation of running a registered commercial service is you have enough finances in reserve to operate the service for 3 months (the time it takes to deregister or change a service). Dropping a service after two days is poor to say the least and it’s not the first time. They registered running the 397 last October, but stop flags had the number added and timetables were printed but it never ran, because the owners didn’t have the £1000 promotional fee TFGM had billed them for.
TfGM officially confirming the withdrawal of NorthWestern 236 route within a week of its introduction. No mention on the 305, which doesn't appear on their website anymore

Quote:236
Ashton - Stalybridge - Glossop
Glossop – Ashton-under-Lyne
Services are withdrawn on this route. For alternatives see the advice below:

Service 237 provides a 20 minute daytime service between Glossop, Mottram, Stalybridge and Ashton

Services 231 and 350 provide frequent onward connections to Tameside General Hospital from Ashton

East Tameside Local Link provides door to door transport in the Hollingworth area including Woolley lane.
(07/09/2020 21:25)SF07 Wrote:  TfGM officially confirming the withdrawal of NorthWestern 236 route within a week of its introduction. No mention on the 305, which doesn't appear on their website anymore

This was so predictable... It's almost as if it were a game to the individual who set up the routes on behalf of GB Coaches...
(07/09/2020 21:29)AlexBus12 Wrote:  This was so predictable... It's almost as if it were a game to the individual who set up the routes on behalf of GB Coaches...

Has something happened to gb coaches too? I’m sure one of the new ‘s’ routes they were covering is now being run by APH!
(07/09/2020 21:55)djb Wrote:  Has something happened to gb coaches too? I’m sure one of the new ‘s’ routes they were covering is now being run by APH!

Unsure, but according to the local MPs, TFGM have referred them to the Traffic Commisioner.
(07/09/2020 22:16)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Unsure, but according to the local MPs, TFGM have referred them to the Traffic Commisioner.

The guy is a fantastist who makes out he’s soneone and something he’s not. He always refers to himself with letters after his name.... it’s made up.
This whole North western saga has been going on for over 12 months now. He persuaded GB to work with him to set up these commercial services starting with the old Speedwell 397. GB crazily agreed and they registered the 397 to start last October. TFGM updated bus stop flags and shelter timetables, printed timetables etc and then sent a £1000 promotions bill to GB who then refused to pay it and the service never started and now this whole 236/305 saga.

Apparently GB were contracted by Tfgm to run several duplicate school services which should have started today. Apparently TFGM were informed they wouldn’t be operating them so they have gone out to other operators including APH.
One of the services that APH are operating is S343 seen by a picture of one of their Metrocities on Social Media yesterday.
There is a semi-literate flyer on his facebook page (the one with Blakey as a profile picture).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)