Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
In addition :

Chaserider Enviro200 37 YX09 FMA is back with D&G and is on the 108/109 circuit today, as it was yesterday.

The High Peak 394 now been run by Hulleys of Baslow (no fares charged) was Optare Solo 13 (YJ07 EJC) yesterday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Stagecoach Manchester to change their Saturday timetables from next Saturday (20th February). Looks like for some services, rather than reducing the frequencies to a more even level of service, they're just withdrawing some journeys, meaning some services that run every 10 minutes will have the occasional 20 minute gap.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...ruary-2021
From next Monday, Arriva will be regaining control of the 699's morning service with minor timetable changes.
https://twitter.com/arrivanorthwest/stat...9858529288
(09/02/2021 19:35)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach Manchester to change their Saturday timetables from next Saturday (20th February). Looks like for some services, rather than reducing the frequencies to a more even level of service, they're just withdrawing some journeys, meaning some services that run every 10 minutes will have the occasional 20 minute gap.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...ruary-2021

Transport for Greater Manchester have published online timetables for most of the Stagecoach services. Looks like several services will actually be running 15 minute services rather than the 10-20 gap, that was listed in the Stagecoach PDF timetables.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/se...timetables
Considering we've now got a roadmap out of lockdown will all operators be looking at the dates now and be planning when they start to increase services again to levels that they were pre COVID?

What level of service are we likely to see once this lockdown is over?
(25/02/2021 07:27)M60lad Wrote:  Considering we've now got a roadmap out of lockdown will all operators be looking at the dates now and be planning when they start to increase services again to levels that they were pre COVID?

What level of service are we likely to see once this lockdown is over?

It would be wise to go back to 100% Service from 12th April when Retail Re-opens (Assuming there are no Staff off with Covid ect) as people will want to get out again and Social Distancing still applies on Public Transport

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/02/2021 08:34)T42 PVM Wrote:  It would be wise to go back to 100% Service from 12th April when Retail Re-opens (Assuming there are no Staff off with Covid ect) as people will want to get out again and Social Distancing still applies on Public Transport

I don't think we'll see one blanket date. Schools fully reopening will affect some services from early March, while airport services are likely to have reduced loadings until at least May.
(25/02/2021 10:33)knutstransport Wrote:  I don't think we'll see one blanket date. Schools fully reopening will affect some services from early March, while airport services are likely to have reduced loadings until at least May.

Well if the Service is mostly for the Airport (like the 500 in Liverpool) you could get away with lower frequencies while routes like the 86A would get busy from other people, I feel anything under 100% on most services will cause capacity issues

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
To be fair, most areas are only on Saturday times. For most routes, the difference between Mon-Fri and Saturday timetables is minimal. Resources would be much better spent on having standby drivers strategically placed to cover overcrowding.

It's also worth mentioning that even in December, bus use was only at 60% of pre Covid levels and it took 5 months to build up to that. I think it would be silly to introduce 100% if it turns out that people will return to buses very slowly. The best way I think is to keep Saturday enhanced with stategic spares until we get a proper look at how quickly people return to buses.
Does anyone have a list or a source of the changes to the way services come into the stands at Queen Square? I was on 4592 coming in and out of town this morning with it being on the 18, noticed it went into Stand 4 when I was coming out of town I believe that was previously used by the 10A services on the QBN but still shares it with the 15, Stand 5 is now also occupied by the 14 and it's A/B/X services.

I know this isn't related to the thread but i'm curious to why the stands for bus services have been changed, does it have anything to do with the roadworks on Lime Street?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)