Current time: 02/12/2020, 00:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern Trains Ltd
RE: Northern Trains Ltd
142's always had a bad press , on decent track they seemed ok , think a lot of the bad publicity for them came from a major change in the internal seating on some units .

When new units came on stream the bus type seating just looked so 1980's in some of the pacer fleet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/11/2020 17:56)wirralbus Wrote:  142's always had a bad press , on decent track they seemed ok , think a lot of the bad publicity for them came from a major change in the internal seating on some units .

When new units came on stream the bus type seating just looked so 1980's in some of the pacer fleet.

Yes for a short service on a line with zero gradient, no bends and low usage they are fine. Unfortunately, Northern had over 100 of the trains and only about 2 lines which met those specifications.
It is just this month that I have noticed the northern logo replaced by NORTHERN in block capitals and, I think, slightly thinner letters. Very few trains are either not yet in Northern livery or with seats other than Northern blue moquette. This must be the first time that Northern has had such a consistent image.
Northern have deleted some services from journey planners for the week of the 14th December.
Revised pdf timetables now on Northern's website, which now features some services only running from 25th January.
Don't seem to be able to find a Crewe line pdf - I thought it disappeared into the Chat Moss or Wigan tables, but it doesn't seem to be there now?
;
Hadfield, Chester and Sheffield appear to be the lines affected - it does seem odd that anyone can suddenly say Chester and Manchester are each going to be unable to cover one or one and a half turns.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)