Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ashcroft's
RE: Ashcroft's
(29/01/2020 10:33)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Does anybody know if Ashcroft are doing these runs on an emergency basis or have they got the tenders indefinitely?

They will be operating them on an emergency basis and will probably run them until the contract should end. It’s normally a nice earner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hi everyone, does anyone know the original reg of Volvo B6 HIG5672 please? It’s one of the green ones.
(01/03/2021 18:09)EthanHTL Wrote:  Hi everyone, does anyone know the original reg of Volvo B6 HIG5672 please? It’s one of the green ones.

WK02 TYH
The three Darts are now HIG 5674, HIG 8904, and HIG 8906. Based on dates first registered, it seems reasonable to assume that HIG 5674 is GX04 EYY; but I don't know which is which of the two GX54s. Does anyone know, or does anyone have any photos of them that might help?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Noticed a Preston Bus liveried Solo at the roundabout next to Green Oaks I’m assuming this is with Ashcrofts
(16/12/2021 13:26)darylyates17 Wrote:  Noticed a Preston Bus liveried Solo at the roundabout next to Green Oaks I’m assuming this is with Ashcrofts

PO56 RRV It should be from what I seen of it.
Volvo B6 HIG 5673 and Transbus International Dart HIG 5674 formally GX04 EYY are both SORN now.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ashcrofts now using the same Transmach ticket machines as MP Travel, so now also accepting contactless payment. Nice to see independent operators introducing this
(12/01/2022 15:16)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Ashcrofts now using the same Transmach ticket machines as MP Travel, so now also accepting contactless payment. Nice to see independent operators introducing this
I presume they are doing that as Transmach will sort their bus open data stuff.

The Transmach machines look good but the thing that I dislike about them is that the ticket prints towards the driver rather than the passenger. It's a bit of an odd design like that. Otherwise they look alright. I'd be interested to hear some driver reviews.
(13/01/2022 16:41)iMarkeh Wrote:  I presume they are doing that as Transmach will sort their bus open data stuff.

The Transmach machines look good but the thing that I dislike about them is that the ticket prints towards the driver rather than the passenger. It's a bit of an odd design like that. Otherwise they look alright. I'd be interested to hear some driver reviews.

I agree, a rather unusual design, but they seem to work well. Attempting to compete with Ticketer as they apparently have the capability to scan QR Codes, but I’m yet to see this in implementation.

Ashcrofts now also tracking on BusTimes on their 26/A and 27/A

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)