Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TFGM Subsidised Network Review in April 2020
RE: TFGM Subsidised Network Review in April 2020
Looking at the 375 change, it seems the Marple - Stockport part is commercial. On the current timetable, if it looped Hawk Green and turned at Marple Navigation this would be around 1 hour end to end so possibly maybe changes to come to make the service only need a PVR of 2. Maybe serving Hawk Green on services towards Stockport of vice versa possibly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
At this rate of change oldham will only be served by handfull of routes and plenty of round the houses pointless routes.
(13/02/2020 22:22)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  At this rate of change oldham will only be served by handfull of routes and plenty of round the houses pointless routes.

Well it’s exactly what happened in Ashton last September. Stagecoach took over the commercial 389 and insisted the evening and Sunday tendered route did exactly the same route so passengers didn’t get confuse, completely forgetting about the punters who used it to get to Hyde. So anyway, with the money saved they decided to run an evening 396 round the houses to limehurst farm. There was absolutely no advertising telling punters about this route so it basically carries fresh air. Complete waste of tax payers money.
Another long serving route (412) butchered. not to sure how many people actually use the route these days from say Royton-Middleton obviously not many if their thinking of cutting it and merging it into another route.

As for the changes to 402/410/411 apart from cutting the Clarksfield/Glodwick part of the route it does sound like their returning 402 to how it was years ago when GMBuses/GMBuses North first introduced it.

As for 375 is it the full route that's planned to be withdrawn and if so is anything planned to replace it? If it does get withdrawn it will leave parts of 375 without a bus service and links for some people will be lost.
As i've just emailed to TFGM, the 415 needs to be included in this reshuffle somewhere to keep some service for passengers. The 415 is sitting around dead for 40 minutes in Oldham every hour, what a waste of money (as the drivers are still being paid) and resources when areas are having their service cut.

I would be extending the 415 to Derker (along the same routing as this new 402) using the dead time as then, you are using up the dead time and Derker will then be served by a main operator (with First then only running some morning and evening shorts as well as Sunday daytime, the majority though would be Stagecoach). Then the 402 bus can run somewhere else to make up for the loss of service.
(14/02/2020 08:10)iMarkeh Wrote:  As i've just emailed to TFGM, the 415 needs to be included in this reshuffle somewhere to keep some service for passengers. The 415 is sitting around dead for 40 minutes in Oldham every hour, what a waste of money (as the drivers are still being paid) and resources when areas are having their service cut.

I would be extending the 415 to Derker (along the same routing as this new 402) using the dead time as then, you are using up the dead time and Derker will then be served by a main operator (with First then only running some morning and evening shorts as well as Sunday daytime, the majority though would be Stagecoach). Then the 402 bus can run somewhere else to make up for the loss of service.

What is also a waste of resources is the evening 288 now that the 88 trial was withdrawn. They should of reinstated the hourly service instead of having drivers waiting for an hour.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Regarding 415 I have heard that this service has picked up since Stagecoach took it over so maybe another idea instead of having it sit around Oldham for 40-45 mins is introduce a more frequent service to the route so it's back running every 30mins yes I know it would mean finding an extra bus but surely that can't be a problem.
(14/02/2020 20:39)dounowhoiam Wrote:  What is also a waste of resources is the evening 288 now that the 88 trial was withdrawn. They should of reinstated the hourly service instead of having drivers waiting for an hour.

Someone raised this previously and the response was the 20:55-22:00 gap is used for a statutory driver break. Apart from that the bus which remains on the 288 in the evening arrives at Altrincham at 18/19 minutes past and goes out at 37/38, while at the airport it's a 55 arrival with the departure 5 minutes later. When the 288 evening service was hourly the second bus remained on it for longer.

Also on Sat there is still a 19:10 88 Altrincham-Wilmslow and a 19:39 Wilmslow-Altrincham.
It's the other way round, the evening 288 arrives in Manchester Airport at 19mins past and departs at 37mins past and Altrincham arival 55 and depart 00. The 18.55 to 20.00 is the meal break. At 20.55 the bus goes for fuel and returns to Station house around 21.10

(15/02/2020 09:57)knutstransport Wrote:  Someone raised this previously and the response was the 20:55-22:00 gap is used for a statutory driver break. Apart from that the bus which remains on the 288 in the evening arrives at Altrincham at 18/19 minutes past and goes out at 37/38, while at the airport it's a 55 arrival with the departure 5 minutes later. When the 288 evening service was hourly the second bus remained on it for longer.

Also on Sat there is still a 19:10 88 Altrincham-Wilmslow and a 19:39 Wilmslow-Altrincham.

Works for me
356 service in April to be operated by Nexus Move (Ashton to Oldham service)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)