Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
RE: Transdev Burnley
(25/07/2017 19:45)Neukit Wrote:  They're actually 244-73, as there are 30 in the batch, and yes they began operating on the 'Mainline' on Sunday. The last one (273) is in Burnley Bus Company colours and carries appropriate branding, however it hasn't yet ventured out in service.

Thanks for that, typo on my part!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/07/2017 19:50)Dentonian Wrote:  Finally, shouldn't Yorkshire and Lancashire be seperate threads, with Lancashire under "Local" (to the North West)? I seem to be getting dizzy with this thread moving about........

Fair point, it has been a few years since the thread was set up as such, maybe a show of hands (or posts!) as to if you would prefer separate threads (with Lancashire then being in the North West area of the forum) or leave it as it is.

Thank you

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
RE: Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
Its a strange one as some depots are in the North West however some is in Yorkshire

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/07/2017 19:50)Dentonian Wrote:  A few "matters arising" - each linking to the next

Most of the earlier Versas have had new numbers reported, but I still have YJ57 XWE as 267. Has this been renumbered?
With other Versas renumbered, does thus mean we have 2x 202s, or has T127 OAH been sold/renumbered?

I know at least some of 1853-71 are being transferred to Harrogate, but even if all go that's only 19 outgoing with 30 incoming. Does that mean a number of other buses will also be cascaded/sold?
And of these B7RLEs, is 1865 still at Burnley and if so how long is expected to remain in service there?

267 was returned at end of lease earlier this year, and is now with Centrebus.
202 is technically now 1022, but is withdrawn, so probably won't ever carry it.
The new Versas have replaced all the B10BLEs and B7RLEs in Mainline livery. The B7s are being retained and refurbished for use elsewhere within the Group, whilst the B10s are being advertised for sale. Therefore 1865 is no longer in use at Burnley, awaiting its turn for refurbishment and reallocation.
(25/07/2017 19:45)Neukit Wrote:  They're actually 244-73, as there are 30 in the batch, and yes they began operating on the 'Mainline' on Sunday. The last one (273) is in Burnley Bus Company colours and carries appropriate branding, however it hasn't yet ventured out in service.

Had a trip to Burnley yesterday, noted all except 259. 273 was in service on a mainline working.
Transdev is running buses to Showbus on their VAMOOZ app. Departures from Harrogate, Leeds, Meadowhall, Burnley and Manchester. Prices start at £32.30 and go as low as £22.50 for a fully booked bus, including admission.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/08/2017 19:53)Dentonian Wrote:  How does this work? Presumably, the first thing is you have be able to sign up to the "app". ie. you csan't travel otherwise. Further, I notice that the bit about booking the ticket comes *before* departure times are confirmed. That begs two questions:
1. Can you find out the approximate scheduled departure times , and exact locations, before booking? Ideally, before giving ANY information such as Card details, out?
2. If the schedule changes such that it becomes impossible to connect with the bus, can you cancel and not be charged?

Indeed, how does the pricing work? Is it similar to booking Airline tickets, in that the longer you leave it, the price goes up or there are no seats left?

I do fancy going to Showbus, but for medical reasons, wouldn't be able to commit until late August, and even with the move to Donnington Park, its not possible by conventional public transport, unless you take out a second mortgage for a hotel room!

On the App it sates 06:30 from Burnley bus station and 07:30 from Deansgate opp Moon Under Water arriving at Showbus around 09:30
Transdev are introduced another CityZap route from Leeds and this time, it's coming across the Pennines, running to Manchester. This will provide an express bus service between Leeds and Manchester via the motorways in a similar way to the existing CityZap route between Leeds and York via the M1 and A64.

CityZap 2 will be operated from Burnley depot and will start from 5 November.

http://lancashirebus.co.uk/news.jsp?newsID=2122
That is going to require a rediculous amount of dead running to provide that service!
(12/09/2017 16:13)Nicholas Wrote:  That is going to require a rediculous amount of dead running to provide that service!

Not unless they use the Witchway as a ferry bus.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)