Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(12/07/2016 22:16)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Arriva doing one this side of the Mersey and Stagecoach the other side? Stagecoach did run the 82/86 night bus december last year like.

Very interesting developments. Will these routes be cash only or will passes be allowed? The fact that the route is numbered 86 A suggests the latter. If so, I'm sure they will get good loadings.
Find all posts by this user
Incorrect times though on the 86A as it claims it takes no time at all between Lodge Lane and Seel Street - what are these buses doing - flying!
Biennial bus 4438 failed at Childwall Fiveways whilst on the 79 yesterday morning. It was leaving the first out bound stop on Childwall Valley Road when it failed blocking the out bound carriageway and part of the inbound. It was still there over 90 minutes later at 1245 but by then had been joined by a RNW recovery truck and he police directing traffic.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Didn't the 86A used to run 24 hours a few years back?
(17/07/2016 07:36)telf23 Wrote:  Didn't the 86A used to run 24 hours a few years back?

Yes it did in the late 90's but as an 86N. As I posted earlier, it only accepted cash fares and not pre-paid tickets or concessionary passes. As this is advertised as an 86 A it may well accept Arriva weekly, monthly and annual passes - something that didn't exist then - and therefore be more attractive to regular passengers/customers.
The 86A ran 24 hours a day in 2006 when the 86/A/B/D were revived the then new and then first new low floor decker Alexander ALX400's. The 86A was also limited stop between Garston and the Airport

However, this never lasted too long, but both Arriva and Peoplesus had a nightbus service on the 86 route until a few years ago. The 86B was withdrawn and the 86A was made a stopping service
Ive always been suprised that st helens 10A as never been made a 24 hour service with it linking 3 main hospitals up across the route.
(17/07/2016 08:40)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The 86A ran 24 hours a day in 2006 when the 86/A/B/D were revived the then new and then first new low floor decker Alexander ALX400's. The 86A was also limited stop between Garston and the Airport

However, this never lasted too long, but both Arriva and Peoplesus had a nightbus service on the 86 route until a few years ago. The 86B was withdrawn and the 86A was made a stopping service

The 86N operated much earlier than 2006. I think it was first introduced as early as 1997, but not as a regular stopping service. Going off topic now, but most of the night bus services, in reality, only ever picked up in the city centre.
(17/07/2016 08:48)Barney Wrote:  The 86N operated much earlier than 2006. I think it was first introduced as early as 1997, but not as a regular stopping service. Going off topic now, but most of the night bus services, in reality, only ever picked up in the city centre.

I think thats because The times aint advertised on Timetables at other stops

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
4476 was on the 79 on Saturday. This was my first sighting of it since its return from Winsford. I have yet to see either 4477 or 4478 since their return to Liverpool.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)