Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ribble
RE: Ribble
Ribble on the Fylde Part 4: Fleetwood Minilink

http://fyldebus.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/r...twood.html

Credit: Fylde Bus Blog.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looking at my old South Lancashire Ribble timetable book for 71-72, Liverpool-Crosby/Thornton services was well over bussed, 16 different routes[including the Liverpool-Southport & Liverpool-Ormskirk via Crosby routes] operating all day, & quite frequent including well into the evening something had to give.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(02/06/2018 03:53)MTL0201 Wrote:  Looking at my old South Lancashire Ribble timetable book for 71-72, Liverpool-Crosby/Thornton services was well over bussed, 16 different routes[including the Liverpool-Southport & Liverpool-Ormskirk via Crosby routes] operating all day, & quite frequent including well into the evening something had to give.

Even though Ribble and the PTE signed an agreement in 1972, it wasn't until the end of 1975 that the inevitable rationalisation of the Crosby routes took place - possibly with an eye on the proposed Waterloo Interchange opening at the beginning of 1977 - where a general daytime 5-minute frequency, with alternate buses running via either Seaforth Station or Seaforth Sands, was put into place, basically halving what had gone on before.

The Beatles, Fountains Of Wayne, XTC, The Who, ELO

Power Pop For All
[font=Impact][/font]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
While passing through Cheshire Oaks on the bus today noticed an old Ribble bus stabled

outside Clerks shoe shop, looked in pristine condition with Clerks adverts in the windows

can anyone supply the number ?

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(29/07/2019 19:55)Penny Return Wrote:  While passing through Cheshire Oaks on the bus today noticed an old Ribble bus stabled

outside Clerks shoe shop, looked in pristine condition with Clerks adverts in the windows

can anyone supply the number ?

It's the Re that s based at NwVRT, It us being used by Clarks to measure feel it something like that I believe.
(29/07/2019 20:49)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It's the Re that s based at NwVRT, It us being used by Clarks to measure feel it something like that I believe.

Ok Thank you.

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
The RE being used by Clarks Shoes at Cheshire Oaks is 249 HRN 249G

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)