Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express to buy First Midland Red
National Express to buy First Midland Red
Looks like National Eexpress is to try to take over First Worcester, thus reducing FirstGroup back even further.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/177...operation/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: National Express to buy First Midland Red
This would make the West Midlands & Worcestershire basically a National Express / Rotala duopoly, with Arriva and Stagecoach reaching the area from Staffordshire and Warwickshire.
I think that is no more than canteen wibble. Certainly the thread title needs a question mark.
(06/07/2019 20:52)mikestone Wrote:  I think that is no more than canteen wibble. Certainly the thread title needs a question mark.
I agree can’t believe CMA would allow it.
(16/08/2019 15:27)Rodney259 Wrote:  I agree can’t believe CMA would allow it.
No reason why the CMA would object surely ? Stagecoach have only a minimal presence in NXWM's area.
(16/08/2019 17:05)EDB325 Wrote:  No reason why the CMA would object surely ? Stagecoach have only a minimal presence in NXWM's area.

Its getting to a point in some areas of the country now that if the CMA intervene , the operation will just close and competitors will just swoop on the vacant patch anyway , better a coordinated takeover than a free for all .
(16/08/2019 21:06)wirralbus Wrote:  Its getting to a point in some areas of the country now that if the CMA intervene , the operation will just close and competitors will just swoop on the vacant patch anyway , better a coordinated takeover than a free for all .

This is a point I've alluded to previously. The CMA will have to moderate their stance considerably in some areas if First continue to dispose of their operations wholesale.
If it happens, why would CMA reject National Express takeover of First Wyvern anyway, it's not as if NXWM have a presence in Worcestershire, NX only a couple of short sections just outside West Midlands county boundary, more likely to object Rotala if they bided for FW.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(17/08/2019 12:49)MTL0201 Wrote:  If it happens, why would CMA reject National Express takeover of First Wyvern anyway, it's not as if NXWM have a presence in Worcestershire, NX only a couple of short sections just outside West Midlands county boundary, more likely to object Rotala if they bided for FW.
My thoughts were that it would give NatEx a greater footprint in the West Midlands. If the CMA allowed it then presumably Stagecoach could buy Warrington and D&G. I agree most unlikely though!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)