Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Bus Franchising
RE: Manchester Bus Franchising
(07/07/2019 09:50)Rodney259 Wrote:  Interesting mentioning a Corbyn government, as it would probably need one to get the backing for franchising. Given that the support for the Labour Party is falling massively, they have no chance of forming a government, nor does anyone else for that matter. I doubt if franchising is likely for many years to come. Also the costs involved with Burnham’s plans would be excessive to say the least and I am sure Manchester people would rather fork out cash for other projects and transport improvements. Franchising bus services, building new depots, leasing buses would be way back in the queue fir resources.

Why "Boris" and "Corbyn" and not "Johnson" and "Jeremy"? It suggests that you have a political leaning and are less than objective and impartial on this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/06/2019 20:12)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looks like Legal Action is on the cards, can see this going the same way as Tyne and Wear

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...y-16479101

Stagecoach like having their own way..at the end of the day it is a private firm ..what happen in Tyne and wear as is mentioned was before the legislation....stagecoach are claiming tax payers are gonna pay more....yes they will because of stagecoach s stupid court cases to fight....souter should walk out and not come back...bring the franchises on..
(07/07/2019 22:20)Barney Wrote:  Why "Boris" and "Corbyn" and not "Johnson" and "Jeremy"? It suggests that you have a political leaning and are less than objective and impartial on this issue.

Without turning this into a political debate, the names are used because they are both more likely to be recognised as that MP.

If you just said Johnson you could (unlikely) be talking about his brother Jo, and the term Boris Bikes became popular whilst he was London Mayor.

Jeremy could also be confused with Jeremy Hunt, however I don't recall seeing another Corbyn MP because that is also a much rarer name.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/07/2019 06:01)dounowhoiam Wrote:  Without turning this into a political debate, the names are used because they are both more likely to be recognised as that MP.

If you just said Johnson you could (unlikely) be talking about his brother Jo, and the term Boris Bikes became popular whilst he was London Mayor.

Jeremy could also be confused with Jeremy Hunt, however I don't recall seeing another Corbyn MP because that is also a much rarer name.
Exactly! As far as politicians are concerned all of them are the most useless bunch ever and none could organise the proverbial booze up in a brewery!
That was my point.
(08/07/2019 02:13)johnluke Wrote:  Stagecoach like having their own way..at the end of the day it is a private firm ..what happen in Tyne and wear as is mentioned was before the legislation....stagecoach are claiming tax payers are gonna pay more....yes they will because of stagecoach s stupid court cases to fight....souter should walk out and not come back...bring the franchises on..

If you look at the TFL award costs, compare a TFL tender cost to a Merseyside tender cost on a like for like basis (school run of the same length, 1 trip each way' and you will see that companies ask for almost double from TFL than they do elsewhere. For normal service runs, the costs are around £200,000 per bus, per year as well (based on average tender costs divided by PVR). Bus companies want in the region of 100-150k per year per bus for their commercial routes.

This shows how the costs are higher because companies get greedy (for obvious reasons). If they lose a route, it's no issue as drivers can TUPE to another company with the route and buses can move between the operators as well as happens in London. If you win, great, if you don't, you haven't lost anything.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)