Current time: 29/03/2024, 04:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proposed Major Changes to Roads in Liverpool
Proposed Major Changes to Roads in Liverpool
Major changes are proposed to buses in Liverpool as the council re develope the road network across the city

According to Liverpool Echo, half of the city centre’s bus routes will be affected

Quote:Routes affected
7, 10B, 12, 13, 14, 14A, 14B, 14X, 14&14A (Halton), 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 20X, 21, 61, 75, 76, 78, 79, 79C, 79D, 80, 80A, 82

Withdrawn routes
55D, 82C, 82D, 86D

Quote:Close to half the bus routes into Liverpool city centre are set to be overhauled in a radical move that will affect thousands of travellers.

The major new proposals, announced by Merseytravel this morning, are set to come into force next January - but passengers will get a chance to give their views on them from today until later this summer.

It's believed that around 11,000 passengers a day will be affected by the move, which is happening in tandem with the council's £45m Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Scheme - and could see passengers forced to walk further distances to get to their daily destinations.

It is proposed that a free shuttle bus wil operate between Queen Square and Liverpool One during the distruption

A consultation is now online on Merseytravel website until 2nd August
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Proposed Major Changes to Roads in Liverpool
In the early 1970s, I worked close to the Pier Head and travelled to the city centre where the bus terminated at St John's Lane. From there, rain, hail or shine I was obliged to walk fifteen minutes to my workplace. Post deregulation, most of these services were extended to the Pier Head thus making the commute that much easier and accessible. Run the clock forward almost fifty years and the connectivity for current-day commuters is back where it was then.

The fundamental problem in this and other city centres is the huge increase in private motorists not bus services that are literally being forced off the road.

This is progress?
RE: Proposed Major Changes to Roads in Liverpool
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...f-16443128

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)