Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(15/01/2021 15:31)NathanR Wrote:  Article in the ECHO recently published regarding the new changes to come into effect next Sunday, noticed while it mentions the 10A will remain as a cross-city service, it doesn't mention my local route (18) as part of the service since the 10A and the 18 would be used as the cross-city service.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...h-19633261

An update from the LCCCS itself today confirmed that all proposed changes will take place, despite lockdown restrictions.

This will include the change to service 18 - serving Liverpool ONE instead of Mann Island.

https://liverpoolcitycentrebus.commonpla...dium=email
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The rerouted city centre journeys are now showing in the Merseytravel Journey Planner when you set the departure date from the 24th onwards. Useful if anyone’s interested in the timetables.
One week on from the bus changes. Even though the new hub has come into full use, I noticed yesterday there were still loads of buses parked up on Dale Street and Victoria Street.
I think that is because the bus hub isn't big enough (not even near) for the number of buses that are in the city centre at any one time. An aspect of this will be the Saturday service/80% running that is currently happening along with it being lockdown so most buses will be arriving spot on time so will have longer to wait in town.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(31/01/2021 15:30)buses7675 Wrote:  I think that is because the bus hub isn't big enough (not even near) for the number of buses that are in the city centre at any one time. An aspect of this will be the Saturday service/80% running that is currently happening along with it being lockdown so most buses will be arriving spot on time so will have longer to wait in town.

I have no doubt that when this latest lockdown ends, the vaccination programme is proving effective and passenger loadings get back to near normal later this year, the bus strategy for the city centre will prove to be totally inadequate and I suspect that the powers-that-be will attempt to resolve the inevitable gridlock that will ensue by limiting the number of buses that will be allowed to operate within the city centre.

However, I do not foresee any restriction on the private motorist as these generate profits for the numerous car park operators and the city council.
(31/01/2021 15:30)buses7675 Wrote:  I think that is because the bus hub isn't big enough (not even near) for the number of buses that are in the city centre at any one time. An aspect of this will be the Saturday service/80% running that is currently happening along with it being lockdown so most buses will be arriving spot on time so will have longer to wait in town.

The bus hub is a joke, 6 spaces in the main area but you can't really risk parking in the rear 3 incase the buses infront are having a longer layover than you as there is no space to get out from behind. Absolutely useless!
It seems that complications have arised regarding the works to redevelop Lime Street, as there have been complaints regarding bus access from council members and the public with pressure mounting on the council to change the major redesign.

I believe there has also been backlash with the withdrawal of the 82D/86D services, providing a cross-city shuttle to Liverpool ONE, now that is relied on only by the 10A and the 18.

As a section of Lime Street has been closed off to all traffic with the section to become a direct route to the nearby car park to St. Johns, it is said that this will prevent bus services from travelling between Elliot Street, St. Georges Place, and beyond.

There have been a number of options however, unfortunately making changes during the redevelopment is not possible and must be considered in the future because of cost implications. Most of the options suggested were ruled out because of buses having to cross cycle lanes or operational capacity concerns.

The third option in the report which could've been viable would've seen buses being able to travel northbound to Elliot Street to St George's Place only, with an amended design that would mean buses not have to cross into the cycle lane whilst creating a signalised junction. The downside however, is that this would cost £609,500, and push the overall scheme back by twelve weeks.

I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread, feel free to correct any errors I've made.

Source:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...e-20326919
What a shock that Liverpool City Council have utterly ballsed this up, something that they have been doing extremely well for the past decade.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
The easy option might be to continue out through Liverpool ONE towards the business district.... yes.... with the current roadworks along The Strand this would be a nightmare but long term, it'll probably be the simplest.

Of course, I don't know how the operators might react to this as there could be dead mileage involved.
(06/04/2021 12:41)SN55DVG Wrote:  The easy option might be to continue out through Liverpool ONE towards the business district.... yes.... with the current roadworks along The Strand this would be a nightmare but long term, it'll probably be the simplest.

Of course, I don't know how the operators might react to this as there could be dead mileage involved.

The item published in the Echo recently regarding the cost implications for redesigning the Lime Street and The Strand road 'improvements' at some later date as it is already apparent that the current plan won't work comes as no surprise to anyone with a modicum of intelligence or understanding of transport issues. The fact that supposedly highly qualified individuals planned and proposed this mess sadly supports the view expressed by a prominent politician four years ago that this country no longer has any need of experts.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)