Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre Roadworks
Liverpool City Centre Roadworks
According to Merseytravel site, number of services are to terminate short.
This includes number of cross river services.
Be interested to hear others experiences.
This short section of road can cause a lot of disruption to services, esp to people with a lower service level.

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...entre.aspx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: City Centre Roadworks
Those temporary lights on Crosshall Street outside Queen Square are a joke. They're halfway down the road and they take far too long to change. They gridlock the bus station and Whitechapel. Took me 18 minutes from St Johns Lane into Queen Square and back out again on a 58 at 10:00 this morning... Heard it's taken others longer!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/04/2019 21:48)M113 YKC Wrote:  Those temporary lights on Crosshall Street outside Queen Square are a joke. They're halfway down the road and they take far too long to change. They gridlock the bus station and Whitechapel. Took me 18 minutes from St Johns Lane into Queen Square and back out again on a 58 at 10:00 this morning... Heard it's taken others longer!

It will be like this forever soon when that stupid bus hub is built on Victoria street which is alread being cut from 3 to 2 lanes, and suffered even more from the closure of the flyovers but which of course were already gridlocked around the tunnels.
Every single bus trying to turn right out queen square after terminating then along Victoria street then every single service then returning via Dale street and Sir Thomas st, then the Bootle and cross river services all heading back again up Crosshall Street and Victoria street. Absolute pathetic.
And why is the tunnels area so congested? Because the council made st johns lane inbounds bus only so everything has to use old Haymarket and Hunter street which are now gridlocked all day the same as The Strand and Leeds street.... what is next? Oh block Lime street in the middle and narrow The gridlocked The Strand and build Evertons new stadium at the Pier head, and new cruise liner terminal, and close off Mann Island!!!
On the Merseytravel site today there are numerous bus diversions as a consequence of these road layout improvement works and what is now blindingly obvious is that without the option of using the Churchill Way flyover to bypass QS, bus services are in total meltdown. But, hey ho, I'm sure these planners and councillors who approved this work would never be seen dead on a bus.

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...fault.aspx
The thread title could do with being more specific city wise, as I opened this assuming it was about Manchester which does feature quite heavily on this forum.
RE: Liverpool City Centre Roadworks
Title altered to refer to Liverpool!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Nightmare, even around 12pm bus ended up being late because of the gridlock, doesn't help that buses from Queen Square to Crosshall Street end up being forced to wait over the box junction otherwise they'd never get through, that in turn blocks buses turning into Queen Square, i've noticed Cross River buses in particular are running anything up to 20 minutes late & sometimes longer because of this, ideally Cross River stands should be moved temporarily from Sir Thomas Street to Victoria Street between Sir Thomas Street & Crosshall Street but that brings it's own problems with Victoria Street down to one lane.

These works are going on for most of this year too.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(27/04/2019 00:39)MTL0201 Wrote:  Nightmare, even around 12pm bus ended up being late because of the gridlock, doesn't help that buses from Queen Square to Crosshall Street end up being forced to wait over the box junction otherwise they'd never get through, that in turn blocks buses turning into Queen Square, i've noticed Cross River buses in particular are running anything up to 20 minutes late & sometimes longer because of this, ideally Cross River stands should be moved temporarily from Sir Thomas Street to Victoria Street between Sir Thomas Street & Crosshall Street but that brings it's own problems with Victoria Street down to one lane.

These works are going on for most of this year too.
Could it not be worth just moving them into Victoria Street VE? If they are getting into Liverpool that late, they won't need layover but it will save a LOT of time.
Alternatively, if you want to save time but still serve Sir Thomas Street, make the buses turn left out the tunnel and go up Dale Street (drop off in stop DB) then run down Sir Thomas Street to start. It saves them crossing over the Crosshall Street/Victoria Street junction twice.
Compete choas this morning

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...g-17080321
The whole thing is a shambles, cross river buses probably be better diverted via Wallasey Tunnel at the moment, although saying that, that'll most likely be gridlocked too.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)