Current time: 16/04/2024, 04:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
55 plate dart for sale on usesmd coach sales site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Former SN55 DVP is up for sale on http://WWW.USEDCOACHSALES.CO.UK asking price £4,500
(10/02/2019 17:45)CKC 312L Wrote:  Former SN55 DVP is up for sale on http://WWW.USEDCOACHSALES.CO.UK asking price £4,500

With stolen photographs and a link to a YouTube video which they don’t own in true cowboy style
(10/02/2019 18:02)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  With stolen photographs and a link to a YouTube video which they don’t own in true cowboy style

There’s stairs at least on the ad. It has a purple handrail so presumably ex First. Hammer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/02/2019 18:02)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  With stolen photographs and a link to a YouTube video which they don’t own in true cowboy style

It's just a link - it's irrelevant whether they own the video or not. As far as I can see, they aren't claiming to do so.

(Actually, strictly speaking, it's just a URL, since bizarrely they haven't bothered to make it into a hyperlink!)
There is a report that Selwyns have taken on a large amount of extra Merseytravel school work and are interested in Avon's yard to use as a base.

Smile Today is a good day Smile
(09/03/2019 08:34)bkp550 Wrote:  There is a report that Selwyns have taken on a large amount of extra Merseytravel school work and are interested in Avon's yard to use as a base.

This was mentioned on the Selwyns feed so probs has some truth in it, Does make you wonder if in time Selwyns will grow by taking on Passenger routes and use it as a National Express base.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(09/03/2019 08:39)T42 PVM Wrote:  This was mentioned on the Selwyns feed so probs has some truth in it, Does make you wonder if in time Selwyns will grow by taking on passenger routes and use it as a National Express base.

I suspect that the days of new operators taking on and developing stage carriage services is a thing of the past, even for the likes of well-established coaching firms. Don't forget, Selwyn's were the original operator of the 500 airport service with brand new Dennis Darts (Cadets) which were soon sold to Arriva when it took over the 500. At best, Selwyn's will stick with schools services, rail replacement work and the occasional emergency tender.
(09/03/2019 10:43)Barney Wrote:  I suspect that the days of new operators taking on and developing stage carriage services is a thing of the past, even for the likes of well-established coaching firms. Don't forget, Selwyn's were the original operator of the 500 airport service with brand new Dennis Darts which were soon sold to Arriva when it took over the 500. At best, Selwyn's will stick with schools services, rail replacement work and the occasional emergency tender.

They were DAF SB120 Wright Cadets
(09/03/2019 10:45)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  They were DAF SB120 Wright Cadets

So they were. My point is still valid though

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)